Technical 2009 Panda 100HP, squeaking clutch pedal

Currently reading:
Technical 2009 Panda 100HP, squeaking clutch pedal

CW100HP

Hi - I've got a 2009 Panda 100HP that I've had from new.
It's got 61K on it and is just about 99% original.
It's developed a squeaking clutch pedal that I'm keen to diagnose/fix.
The clutch itself is original and doesn't slip or otherwise cause me any grief.
It rarely makes a sound when cold but on a hot day or when the engine is hot (say after 20+ miles), the clutch pedal will start to feel 'gritty' and it squeaks when pressing the pedal down or releasing it. The noise seems to come from under the bonnet, and you can hear it inside and out.
I don't think it's actually the clutch that's the problem... I suspect the master or slave cylinder.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Can anyone thrown any light on this?
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks!

Common fault it is normally the slave cylinder, out of maybe 100 a couple will be something else

Peel the rubber boot back and put some silicone grease inside, If it improves, you have your answer, it best to diagnose this way first

It's under the battery tray, only a few bolts

Need addressing ASAP as once squeeking a pedal sticking down will not be far behind

Here one being changed

Last edited:
Common fault it is normally the slave cylinder, out of maybe 100 a couple will be something else

Peel the rubber boot back and put some silicone grease inside, If it improves, you have your answer, it best to diagnose this way first

It's under the battery tray, only a few bolts

Need addressing ASAP as once squeeking a pedal sticking down will not be far behind

Here one being changed

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.
Had a feeling it may be something like that.
I'll get it looked at once it's stopped raining.
Cheers!

Dam just had a quick look for the part

LuK 512004510

There's been a supply issue, although better than a few months ago, it's tricky to find them cheap

Be careful if ordering the part the latter twinair look identical but the part number is different, I don't know if they are compatable or not
A lot of online listing's are misleading

I agree with Koalar. Mine did exactly as you described. I got one via Amazon £25.00 just over 12 months ago so may have gone up a bit. If you're handy with spanners it's an easy fix.
Thanks for responding. Yes, it doesn't look like it's too hard to sort it out. I wouldn't have thought of looking on Amazon. Good idea.

Dam just had a quick look for the part

LuK 512004510

There's been a supply issue, although better than a few months ago, it's tricky to find them cheap

Be careful if ordering the part the latter twinair look identical but the part number is different, I don't know if they are compatable or not
A lot of online listing's are misleading
Thanks for the tip. I had a look on Autodoc and they had them from a few different manufacturers. LuK was out of stock though. I'm sure I'l be able to track one down OK.

Don’t get any parts from Amazon, even with a cast iron guarantee!
Thank. To be honest, I doubt that I would unless I knew where it was coming from. I'd prefer to get parts from a supplier where I can check against the car's VIN, to make sure they're the right ones.

Why not. You get a choice of makes and suppliers. I chose a Luk one and haven't had a problem with it'
I've never had any problems with buying from Amazon, and I've found their returns policy to work well when I've needed it. Everyone seems to recommend LuK products, but they seem to be having supply issues at the moment.

I’ve had enough amazon experiences to not trust them or the suppliers:
No delivery, showed a picture of a house I still haven’t found
Wrong parts, usually fitment for a specific model, wrong one comes but, despite showing correspondence to give evidence of checking beforehand, sided with supplier or o get my money back IF I stand return costs, on some parts that more than the part!
Advertising that’s its uk supplied and the thing turns up with Chinese postal
Stuff that just doesn’t work or is so cheaply made that it falls apart in seconds
Sometimes getting something that bears no relationship to what I ordered, like a pleather brown handbag instead of pair of trailer lights, I kid you not…they said they’d got addresses mixed up, supplied me with contact details and the ‘other party’ said they’d ordered a dress and received cheap tablet…so none of us won that one

I've never had any problems with buying from Amazon, and I've found their returns policy to work well when I've needed it. Everyone seems to recommend LuK products, but they seem to be having supply issues at the moment.
Think it must be just me, but a lot of the reviews now state that Amazons getting worse

Wrong parts, usually fitment for a specific model, wrong one comes but, despite showing correspondence to give evidence of checking beforehand, sided with supplier or o get my money back IF I stand return costs, on some parts that more than the part!
Stuff that just doesn’t work or is so cheaply made that it falls apart in seconds
Sometimes getting something that bears no relationship to what I ordered, like a pleather brown handbag instead of pair of trailer lights, I kid you not…they said they’d got addresses mixed up, supplied me with contact details and the ‘other party’ said they’d ordered a dress and received cheap tablet…so none of us won that one
Wow. Sounds horrendous. Never had anything like that... just the opposite in fact. I know a few people who've had problems with eBay, but Amazon have always been fine (for us).

I've always had free returns with Amazon that's why I prefer them over ebay. If its an item they have in stock its delivered next day.
I do use ebay as well from time to time though.

I had the same problem a couple of months ago on our 2010 Panda 100hp. Grease on the slave cylinder piston helped to reduce the problem and fitting a new slave cylinder fixed it.

Part numbers and other details are in this thread:

LUK is the OE supplier.for 169's.

Back