Technical 2005 near side front window mechanism servicable

Currently reading:
Technical 2005 near side front window mechanism servicable

Retro Pedro

Please can anybody advise me if the passenger near side front electric window mechanism is serviceable?
Investigated why the front passenger side window wasn't working. After taking the door card off and removing the mechanism found that the electronic winder was not attached to the glass. Seems there is a circular plastic peg that should have been inserted through the locating round hole in the glass. Thought I'd better investigate further and after removing the rubber surround, I was able the turn the glass 90 degress and pull out upwards. This then gave the room for the winder mechanism to be unbolted and completely removed.
Motor is working fine but I did find that the plastic carrier that is pulled up and down mechanism rail by the cables had been pushed up above the top of the rail, resulting in the top clip being pulled off centre and not being allowed to clip back onto the rail for the downward movement (if that makes sense;)).
I couldn't see how the cable tension can be relaxed, which I believe would have allowed to fit the carrier back on the rail without have to apply to much force, thus risk snapping something. Also, it appears that the cable plastic guide wheels seem to be riveted to the carrier rail. This is leading me to believe that I could be wasting my money if I purchased a service kit off ebay (£25) that comprises of new plastic wheels, clips, carrier and cables if the replacement wheels cannot be secured.
Going back to the plastic wheel/blocks I have noticed that the bottom clip as got a stop plug preventing the moving carrier not to come off the rail and the bottom. I initially thought that the missing top stop plug had broken off, hence the carrier being allowed to be pushed up off the rail. Having seen the pics on ebay of the service kit, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a top stop plug and that the attached glass does the job of stopping the carrier being pushed to high.
If these service kits are a waste of money, and it does need a complete replacement mechanism (including motor) it does seem an expensive way to do the repair.
Last but not least, are the foam whether shields/sheets that are glued to the door reasonably priced from the main dealers?
Thanks for any responses

Back