Technical 2004 2.8jtd lock light on dash

Currently reading:
Technical 2004 2.8jtd lock light on dash

It seems that I have missed a lot while working on another vehicle, but with MoT booked for tomorrow wanted to double check for anything obvious.
Pleased that OP is now mobile. Warning light is probably due to code failure, but what is root cause of problem???

Hi i am now back in uk done the emergency procedure so many times but has got me home 1000 miles but now I need to locate problem does anyone know what the key aerial resistance should be mines at 40 ohms

Hi i am now back in uk done the emergency procedure so many times but has got me home 1000 miles but now I need to locate problem does anyone know what the key aerial resistance should be mines at 40 ohms
I do not know actual reistance without dismantling my own vehicle, but 40 Ohms seems plausible.

On some previous threads I noted that some people had tried a new antenna and it didn’t work is there anyone who wants to sell one pls

You may be better off seeing if the imobiliser function in engine ecu can be turned off.......

Or search web for immobilser repairs , usually by post that way you can maybe get another key too

The handbook may state the emergency start procedure does not work on diesel engined ducatos . It describes a procedure for the petrol engined ducatos
The manual does indeed say it's not for diesel. However, I got the emergency code card, and it's genuine, with my 2005 UK supplied 2.8JTD- these were supposedly not issued to UK customers at the request of UK insurance agencies! I have not needed to use it, but it's there in the docs wallet. Hmm!

The manual does indeed say it's not for diesel. However, I got the emergency code card, and it's genuine, with my 2005 UK supplied 2.8JTD- these were supposedly not issued to UK customers at the request of UK insurance agencies! I have not needed to use it, but it's there in the docs wallet. Hmm!
Don't leave it in the vehicle (-:

On some previous threads I noted that some people had tried a new antenna and it didn’t work is there anyone who wants to sell one pls
If in an investigative frame of mind, it could be worth disconnecting battery negative, code receiver, and ECU. This willon between allow a continuity check on the connection between the ECU, and code receiver.

I am not sure as to the actual sequence of events on start up. The ECU sends a code to the code receiver, wich returns it the ECU only if the key has been recognised. What happens if the code receiver accepts the key, but does not receive the coded message from the ECU? Does it still extinguish the key code warning light, or is the lack of a code from the ECU an inhibition, even though the key has been recognised. Just an idea to eliminate somethiing.

Attachments

• eLearn E7010 Key Code.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Ducato 2.8jtd ECU Pinout.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Fiat Wiring Colour Codes.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
Back