Mohome was fine came back from shopping lock yellow on dash cranks but no start
Currently in Spain pls help
Also have key code 5 digit but don’t know how to use it to overide

Hi hope someone can help me
Checked all fuses ok
Mohome was fine came back from shopping lock yellow on dash cranks but no start
Currently in Spain pls help
Also have key code 5 digit but don’t know how to use it to overide
The following worked for me 14 months ago when key code failure was at 40% failures. No failures since since.

1. Remove steering column lower cover 4 screws, No. 2 Pozidrive, at an awkward angle. Also some plastic clips which may need prising apart.
2. Identify code receiver which is small yellow or dark cream box.
3. On code receiver locate smaller 3 pole connector, with two outer poles used. This is ring aeriel connector.
4. Disconnect, and reconnect. If at all possible apply electrical contact cleaner, before reconnecting.
5 For good measure repeat procedure with larger 8 pole connector (5 wires connected).
6. Turn on ignition, and hope for cure.
7. Refitting the cover is cuss time. I used a short piece of plastic tube around screw driver shank as a centering aid. Alternative is length of tape wrapped around driver. Remember angle is awkward to judge. Perhaps Blu Tac to keep screw poised on driver.
8. To help others, please post result on this thread.

The following worked for me 14 months ago when key code failure was at 40% failures. No failures since since.

1. Remove steering column lower cover 4 screws, No. 2 Pozidrive, at an awkward angle. Also some plastic clips which may need prising apart.
2. Identify code receiver which is small yellow or dark cream box.
3. On code receiver locate smaller 3 pole connector, with two outer poles used. This is ring aeriel connector.
4. Disconnect, and reconnect. If at all possible apply electrical contact cleaner, before reconnecting.
5 For good measure repeat procedure with larger 8 pole connector (5 wires connected).
6. Turn on ignition, and hope for cure.
7. Refitting the cover is cuss time. I used a short piece of plastic tube around screw driver shank as a centering aid. Alternative is length of tape wrapped around driver. Remember angle is awkward to judge. Perhaps Blu Tac to keep screw poised on driver.
8. To help others, please post result on this thread.
Thanks for the response did all that but no change lock light still on

Thanks for the response did all that but no change lock light still on
Oh dear!

Are there any other keys on the same bunch.? Remove, as can absorb weak radio signal.

Have you dropped the key?

Do you have an alternative key to try?

Another ploy is to remove the chip from the key. and fix close to the black aeriel riing round the ignition switch. Security will be impaired.

Is there any previous history of failure, as your initial post does not suggest this?

I have read of one case of a broken wire between the aeriel and the code receiver. Are you able to check continuity through aeriel, from connecter pins at code receiver?

Is it time to invoke any breakdown insurance.?

All keys removed no difference
No other key
Not dropped
How do I open fob any idea

IMG_4325.jpeg
IMG_4326.jpeg
IMG_4324.jpeg

I have tried the 2006 code entry procedure but doesn’t work does anyone know if 2004 procedure is the same as I have the code card

Please confirm whether or not there have been any previous key code failures. If not, then something appears to have failed suddenly, rather than a gradual loss of signal.

If no previous problems then I doubt that moving the chip will help. Also I am speculating that the problem may be elsewhere. The Key Code Receiver controls the warning light, and interrogates the key, but according to Fiat eLearn only does so when it receives a secret code from the engine control unit (ECU). If the key is recognised, the secret (rolling) code is repeated back to the ECU and fuel injection (starting) is allowed. My speculation may not be welcome but has to be faced - If the code receiver does not receive the secret code from the ECU, then it will not interrogate the key, and extinguish the warning light.

I have not tried to dismantle a key, as no need, and have held my curiousity in check. However looking at my fob, I would probably start by trying to prise out the round black disc which probably conceals a screw.

Attachments

• eLearn E7010 Key Code.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
  • eLearn Code - Immobiliser Descriptions.pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Fiat Wiring Colour Codes.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Ducato 2.8 JTD ECU Pinout.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 9
Prised disc out to find some material didn’t go any further afraid of damaging something
I really need code procedure
Also whilst dismantled put aerial on key made no difference

The handbook may state the emergency start procedure does not work on diesel engined ducatos . It describes a procedure for the petrol engined ducatos

Yes but I don’t have the handbook and I want to try it I’ve been waiting for breakdown assistance for nearly 40hrs no big transport available if anyone has procedure pls post thanks

Yes but I don’t have the handbook and I want to try it I’ve been waiting for breakdown assistance for nearly 40hrs no big transport available if anyone has procedure pls post thanks

By all means try the petrol engine emergency start procedure you never know. I'm not 100 percent sure the link to manual is for your model year but you can let me know.

Click on the link I provided to the manual ....It gives petrol procedure

Back