Technical 2 Problems

Currently reading:
Technical 2 Problems

Just bin to drop some work stuff off and:

1. The electric window nearly fell out, it sounded and looked like it had become detached from the motor? So now that doesnt work! Whats the best course of action now?

2. When the car is started but idle and in low revs, there is a strange noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. Its not very loud and sounds like a high speed rattle of some sorts. Any ideas?

Cheers

Ginner

ginner said:
Just bin to drop some work stuff off and:

1. The electric window nearly fell out, it sounded and looked like it had become detached from the motor? So now that doesnt work! Whats the best course of action now?

It could be the metal strp bonded to the bottom of the window that has rusted away. I've seen this on an early car. The short answer is get another drop glass from the recyclers, but do pop the door card off to check first.

ginner said:
2. When the car is started but idle and in low revs, there is a strange noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. Its not very loud and sounds like a high speed rattle of some sorts. Any ideas?

This wouldn't be an 899, would it. What state is your oil in?

Cheers

D

The car is a T Reg Seicento Sporting with the 1108 engine i believe, with no modifications to the engine. Haven't checked the oil, as I have only had the car for 2 weeks now, and the garage "said" that they were giving ita service as part of the deal. Will hav a look though tonight to check the oil level!

Cheers

Ginner

It is defiantly coming from the drivers side, as it sounds as if it is directly in front of me, and when the bonnet is open its sounds as if its from that area. I did notice a lot of movement though from the rocker cover?

Luckily i am goin to check the cam belt at the weekend, so should hopefully be able to rule that one out or change it, as I dont really know what has and has been done to the car.

Cheers

Ginner

Before starting the cam belt investigations, and before you've run the engine, take the alternator belt off. Then start the car from cold. If your noise is still there you can rule out the alternator, but, obviously, if the noise has gone then Aaron's alternator suggestion will be your problem.

Cheers

D

The noise disappeared last night on the way home about 15 minuets into the journey. Nad this morning when i first started up, no noises, so could the alternator problem be intermittent?

Didnt get round to the window, but if it is that the metal strip is no more what am I goin have to buy?

Cheers

Ginner

Back