2 Amps??

Currently reading:
2 Amps??

fiatpunto55

Hi all. well i have two amps in the boot of my mk1 punto. what do i do about wiring up the remote leads as there is only 1 in the back of my head unit and two amps=2 remote wires.

also i have tried twisting both amp remote leads together and putting them into the head unit. when i do this the amps turn into security mode and shuts down but only when i turn it up past about 25 on my head unit (my head unit goes up to 47). up to 25 on the head unit they work perfectly.

can anyone help me??? thanks!!!

Just daisy chain the remote from one amp to the other.

ok thanks. does anyone know why it cuts out when i turn it up? its not even that loud when it cuts out. thanks

thanks. where is the best place to earth both amp leads to on a mk1 punto? if i change the earth wires from the alternator to the battery will it solve the problem? thanks

ive re-earthed them but nothing!:cry: my earth wire coming from the 1000w amp is really thick but the earth wire coming from the 350w is thin. do i need to replace the thin wire for a thick one? would this be the problem for both of them turning into "security mode" after being turned up to not even half way. thanks.

How hot does the amp get when it cuts out?

How are the remote cables wired?

How are the speakers wired to the amp/s that aren't working as they should?

What amps are they?

the remote cables are both going to the head unit then all twisted together if you know what i mean....bit bodged lol. do you recon i should daisy chain them? the speaker wires are just wired up normally.....the 350w amp is wired to two alpine front door speakers and then the 1000w amp is wired to two JBL 1000w subs.

the amps are just the ones you get from motor world. dad bought me them ages ago lol.

thanks mate.

the remote cables are both going to the head unit then all twisted together if you know what i mean....bit bodged lol. do you recon i should daisy chain them? the speaker wires are just wired up normally.....the 350w amp is wired to two alpine front door speakers and then the 1000w amp is wired to two JBL 1000w subs.

the amps are just the ones you get from motor world. dad bought me them ages ago lol.

thanks mate.

Yep, sort out the remote cables. Are both amps cutting out?

yes at exactly the same time. my battery doesnt seem to be completely charging up aswell so maybe its that aswell as it wont be giving off as much power? my dads mate has one for me anyway so going to try that aswell....if that doesnt work i dont know what im supposed to do....come back here i suppose :D

thanks matey.

What are the settings on the amp (gain etc)?

erm i think they are all the way up. what should they be on?

Bingo - think we've found the chief cause of the problem, although I would still sort out the remote cables. You're clipping the amp.

The gain should be set up correctly (which yours isn't). The low pass filter needs to be adjusted to what sounds best (although the 80Hz region is a good place to start). Likewise the high pass filter can be adjusted if needed.

To set up the gain roughly

1. Put the gain to minimum
  2. Put HU volume to about 3/4
  3. Increase the gain gradually until the speaker starts to distort
  4. Turn the gain down until the distortion goes, then down a touch more

HTH

Back