Technical 2.8jtd turning over but wont start

Currently reading:
Technical 2.8jtd turning over but wont start

Kmg641

Hi all, help required please, my van is turning over but wont start, its a 2001 model 2.8jtd i bought it as a non runner that the previous owner said he changed the battery and it just stoped fireing up, no fuses gone as checked the lot, checked relays, as it stands i, got immobilizer removed, got new virgin ecu still no good. no lift pump running when key is turned on so what else could i do to get this sorted. if i knew were to check for voltage and what voltage i should get.

Hi,

Is your x230 model fitted with an inertia switch? (See attached photo, normally mounted on bulkhead near the battery.) If yes have you tried resetting the switch by pressing the top? I do not know for certain if the inertia switch was fitted on the x230, but from 2002 it was fitted on the x244. It is also on later models in a different location.
The inertia switch is connected in negative connection for the fuel lift pump. The positive side of the lift pump is controlled by the ECU via a relay. The ECU switches the pump off after a delay, if the engine is not running. On the x230 there are several relays mounted behind the LH lower dash. Sorry I do not have any designation info. Of the four wires at the top of the fuel tank, two are for the fuel gauge, and two for the pump. The pump is supplied at a nominal 12V, but the gauge circuit is fed via an electronic module.

Attachments

• Inertia Device.JPG
    Inertia Device.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Back