P1000133small.jpg

Panda (Classic) 1982 Panda 45

Introduction

I'm pretty sure most of the Panda section regulars will know this car, but I thought I would post a few photos of the latest edition to my fleet.

P10003703.JPG

P1000133small.jpg

It is a early 1982 Mk1 45, previously owned by forum member Cacciatore, and is possibly the second oldest Panda left in the UK. Unfortunately it has failed its MOT on a couple of bits of welding and a few other things, but I am very impressed at how solid it is especially for a 30 year old Fiat!

We picked it up last night and I was a bit worried it wasn't going to fit on our trailer! Luckily it did, just!
photo_25.JPG

photo_32.JPG

The plan is to do the MOT jobs over the winter once my Sisley is finished and then get it on the road in the spring and do a rolling restoration.
I'm so glad all these nice Mk1's are turning up, I won't feel half as bad when I turn mine into a V8 engined convertible. ;)

Nice one Freddy, look forward to watching your progress.

With progress on my Sisley stopped until there is space at work to finally paint it, I thought I might aswell get the Mk1 home and start doing the work for an MOT.

My CLX has been hibernating in our garage over the winter so last Sunday I did a swap with the Mk1 which has been in my Dads unit since I bought it. It hadn't ran for about 6 months but it started straight up with no issues:slayer:

So today the first thing to do was give it a wash and then take some photos as I know how everyone loves photos(y)

I then backed it in to the garage and got the front wheels off so I could remove the arch liners and front bumper to have a look at what needed to be done. Amazingly none of the bumper bolts were seized! The inner arches are remarkably good, just a few scabs that need abit of paint on them. The front panel is abit worse, someone has bodged it with filler in the past but it is not any worse than I was expecting.

Tomorrow I'm hoping I will get it up on our car display ramps so I can give it a good jetwash underneath before starting on the welding and suspension work.

Looking good! It's inspiration for my '82 Panda 45, and useful to see where things are meant to be fitted as well! My jack is missing but that's should be ok to find. I notice your windscreen washer bag is missing though?

Photo0588.jpg

I met someone who had a new front panel if you're interested I can put you in touch with him. He lives in Bognor Regis which might be a bit far. Only thing is he might not be the cheapest but worth a haggle perhaps (actually he has 2 front panels I think :eek: - 1 Fiat original and 1 aftermarket in black primer).

Si

Looking good! It's inspiration for my '82 Panda 45, and useful to see where things are meant to be fitted as well! My jack is missing but that's should be ok to find. I notice your windscreen washer bag is missing though?

Photo0588.jpg

I met someone who had a new front panel if you're interested I can put you in touch with him. He lives in Bognor Regis which might be a bit far. Only thing is he might not be the cheapest but worth a haggle perhaps (actually he has 2 front panels I think :eek: - 1 Fiat original and 1 aftermarket in black primer).

Si

I was wondering if someone would pick up on the washer bag, don't worry I have one, I had just removed it to clean it out as it was full of black gunge:yuck:

I thought about trying to find a new front panel, the original is repairable but a replacement would certainly give a longer lasting repair. Bognor Regis is a long way though!

The jack looks identical to any Panda jack so should be no problem to find, let me know if you want any photos and I'll be happy to take some for you(y)

I was wondering if someone would pick up on the washer bag, don't worry I have one, I had just removed it to clean it out as it was full of black gunge:yuck:

I thought about trying to find a new front panel, the original is repairable but a replacement would certainly give a longer lasting repair. Bognor Regis is a long way though!

The jack looks identical to any Panda jack so should be no problem to find, let me know if you want any photos and I'll be happy to take some for you(y)

Cool that's good, I imagine a washer bag might be harder to find although having got one now and speaking to people of the before time, these were quite common up to the late 70's :eek:

Well if you get stuck for a front panel for a mk1 let me know and I will send you his details (will check he is ok with that first of course but I think he would welcome the sale ;))

And thanks, may take you up on the offer of the photos at some point, although I have plenty of mk1's on site for reference...if it's early 45 specific though I will be stuck.

Si

Cool that's good, I imagine a washer bag might be harder to find although having got one now and speaking to people of the before time, these were quite common up to the late 70's :eek:

Well if you get stuck for a front panel for a mk1 let me know and I will send you his details (will check he is ok with that first of course but I think he would welcome the sale ;))

And thanks, may take you up on the offer of the photos at some point, although I have plenty of mk1's on site for reference...if it's early 45 specific though I will be stuck.

Si

I presume it is this chap:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-panda-NOS-front-panel-classic-GENUINE-5755610-4x4-/300876511279?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460da3382f

I bought some bits for my Sisley from him, he is mattalfa on here I think.

I especially like the manual washer pump, simple yet very effective, makes you think why does everything have to electric now.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I presume it is this chap:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-panda-NOS-front-panel-classic-GENUINE-5755610-4x4-/300876511279?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460da3382f

I bought some bits for my Sisley from him, he is mattalfa on here I think.

I especially like the manual washer pump, simple yet very effective, makes you think why does everything have to electric now.

Ha ha, he's posted them up now then! Yes that's him, I bought a mk1 rear quarter panel off him. Wouldn't normally spend as much as I did on the panel but it was a rare item and was a good time for me to collect as I had holiday to burn :slayer:

Si

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ha ha, he's posted them up now then! Yes that's him, I bought a mk1 rear quarter panel off him. Wouldn't normally spend as much as I did on the panel but it was a rare item and was a good time for me to collect as I had holiday to burn :slayer:

Si

Think I will clean up the original panel first and see what I find. I can get a non genuine panel from here for alot less. From that website I think the ebay panel may be slightly different than what I need anyway.

I have given the Panda a good scrub and jetwash underneath today after I had managed to extract the car display ramps from our very wet and muddy field.

Think I will clean up the original panel first and see what I find. I can get a non genuine panel from here for alot less. From that website I think the ebay panel may be slightly different than what I need anyway.

I have given the Panda a good scrub and jetwash underneath today after I had managed to extract the car display ramps from our very wet and muddy field.

Great stuff (y)

That link could do to be in the suppliers thread purple haze

Has anyone tried to actually buy something from that company? In my experience when it comes to Panda stuff 'no longer available' is a common phrase.

Yes, I bought a Mk1 sill, rear arch and a complete mk2 rear quarter to use for repairing the wheel arch on my Sisley from them last year. They had to get them from their suppliers who are in Denmark so it took a while for them to arrive but they are available, although anything without a price is not.

Can I assume things listed with a price of £0 are no longer available, if not I may find myself with a large stock of Panda parts....

Yes that is right as I said in my last post(y)

Just been battling with a very tight hub nut, had to use a 2ft breaker bar with another 2ft of scaffolding pipe to get it to move, even then it was a struggle, I thought the bar was going to break:eek:. God knows why it was so tight, I'm guessing it was done up with a large impact gun when the wheel bearing was changed a few years ago(n)

Back