[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Falken-Ohtsu
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]ZE-502
165/60 R13 73H
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 28.70

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT]
[/FONT] Prices includes postage, packing and VAT within mainland UK.
You can find shops for other countries here.

Well Ive got Nankang XR611's on the front (untested as yet- will report when the 1242 rides again) and Nankang EX500 HedgeFinders on the back.

The EX500's were on the front the last time the 1242 was on the road. Theyre very unpredictable in the wet...and thats how I like it ;)

ive been looking round for tyres and have just been on www.motor-world.com or co.uk cnt remember but anyways ive found some yoklahoma tyres on there £21 per tyre but there 175/70 r13 82t??? whats the difference from my standard 165/55 r13 70h and then the ones you advised me to get which where 175/50??
thanks alot kris

i just got 3 of mine done (for mot) for 90 quid all fitted, michelin energy xt1 (145/70/ 13 T) far better than what was on before even before they wore out, though im nto expecting them to be on the same level as the yoko's anyone any experience with em?

the beasto said:
ive been looking round for tyres and have just been on www.motor-world.com or co.uk cnt remember but anyways ive found some yoklahoma tyres on there £21 per tyre but there 175/70 r13 82t??? whats the difference from my standard 165/55 r13 70h and then the ones you advised me to get which where 175/50??
thanks alot kris

Your standard are 165 / 55 R13 70H

That means the footprint of the tyre is 165mm across, the height of the sidewall is 55% of the width of the tyre i.e. 90.7mm high, and the tyre fits on a 13 inch rim. 70 is the load index which means it can support 335Kg at speeds of upto H = 210Kmph.

The reccomended are 175 / 50 R13 72V

That means the footprint of the tyre is 175mm across, the height of the sidewall is 50% of the width of the tyre i.e. 87.5mm high, and the tyre fits on a 13 inch rim. 72 is the load index which means it can support 355Kg at speeds of upto V = 240Kmph.

That means that the tyre is slightly wider (10mm) yet similar in overall diameter (3mm smaller).

The ones you have found are 175 / 70 R13 82T

That means the footprint of the tyre is 175mm across, the height of the sidewall is 70% of the width of the tyre i.e. 122.5mm high, and the tyre fits on a 13 inch rim. 82 is the load index which means it can support 475Kg at speeds of upto T = 190Kmph.

This tyre is 10mm wider, like the reccomended however the overall diameter will be over 2.5 inches larger which will hit your performance. 190Kmph is fast enough rating for your car so you are safe with that.

Last edited:
If you need something like, but not exact, why not go for the Falken 165/60r13's at £28 a corner?

175/70 will look like something a clown blows up and shapes by comparison. Those tyres are nearly 3" larger diameter than standard.

and as i have said many times,take your best online price to your local tyre places as they will often beat/match the price including fitting.
my nearest fitter wiould have charged about £10 per whell fitting but my local place bettered my tyres price including fitting

edit:just checked my tyres fro the contis im running on the turbo.they charge 58.70 plus fitting.my local place does them for £62 fitted

Last edited:
Geez I would be sooo rich if I had your cars! £30 a tyre, it costs me between £70-£90 a corner and if I wanted could go upto £110! Thats just for tyres!. I do always preferr rain tyres tho (because after all I do live in lovely wet england! So uni royal rainsports, Falken or Toyo wet tyres :)

As long as there not pirelli I swear there not safe!

AppleSei said:
Of course, but some people are financially better off than others, i certainly cannot afford 4 yoko tyres.

I agree and disagree with you. It isnt a place to budget but circumstances sometimes prevail. I do not have a job, no money coming in. I cant afford 150 quid at this moment to get yokos.

The cheaper scale of tyres would still go under vigourous hours of testing or else they wouldnt be for sale on the market. Essentailly a chepaer brand of tyre does the same job as what a premium tyre will do. A cheaper tyre will stick you to the ground, maybe not as well, if that is the case maybe your style of driving should be questioned

No need to mock my driving mate, you never met me. And sorry but have had nankangs on mine and they do NOT stick to the ground at all. Not trying to be agro about it but having experienced the difference theres no way i'd buy cheap tyres again - its got nout to do with driving fast or whatever, its if someone pulls out in front of me for example, with my tyres now the car is far more likely to stop/turn and avoid catastrophe.

Don't get me wrong, i know we can't all really justify forking out, and neither can i, but i'll still go get a good set of tyres - IMO its just as bad as fitting dodgy brakes.

blu73 said:
No need to mock my driving mate, you never met me. And sorry but have had nankangs on mine and they do NOT stick to the ground at all. Not trying to be agro about it but having experienced the difference theres no way i'd buy cheap tyres again - its got nout to do with driving fast or whatever, its if someone pulls out in front of me for example, with my tyres now the car is far more likely to stop/turn and avoid catastrophe.

Don't get me wrong, i know we can't all really justify forking out, and neither can i, but i'll still go get a good set of tyres - IMO its just as bad as fitting dodgy brakes.

I wasnt having a dig at your style of driving, i meant it on a broader scale, i.e your = everybody. Perhaps i shouldve worded it better, its intentions were meant to mean something different :) However i will apologise cos i can see how it can be interpreted :) Friends? :D

I can see where your coming from because you have had a bad experience, maybe because i have not (so far and hopefully not) had a bad experience then i see it from a different light, however if i was im sure my opinion would change more :)

Hellcat said:
Never realised 13" tyres were so expencive. I get a lot more rubber for my money on a 15" rim but thats probably not a lot of use to you. Cheapest on mytyres were:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Fulda
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Carat Assuro
175/50 R13 72H
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 39.80

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Yokohama
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]A539
175/50 R13 72V , RPB asymmetric
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 46.30

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Dunlop
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]SP SPORT 2000
175/50 R13 72V Rim-protection
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 49.50

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Pirelli
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]P 5000 Drago
175/50 R13 72V
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 49.60

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Continental
Summer tyres
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]SportContact
175/50 R13 72V mit Felgenrippe
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 51.30
[/FONT]

Does that help second one down ;)

AppleSei said:
I wasnt having a dig at your style of driving, i meant it on a broader scale, i.e your = everybody. Perhaps i shouldve worded it better, its intentions were meant to mean something different :) However i will apologise cos i can see how it can be interpreted :) Friends? :D

Wasn't trying to be agro either chief ;). Yeh, i'll be your friend, after all i am a charity worker :D :devil: :D

Back