General 1242Mpi engine and high ratio gearbox

Currently reading:
General 1242Mpi engine and high ratio gearbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving to Italy soon and so will never get time to complete transplant on the girlfriends Seicento. Also there will be more Fiat projects and parts than I can wave a pooey stick at.

I have what I believe to be a low mileage 1242 MPI engine from a Punto. Bought from a guy at work who got it from a mate at a scrappers but didnt realise his 96 Cinq was an SPI.
Has been stored will a drip of oil in the bores and turned over occasionally. I have taken the camshims out to reshim the engine in the car at the moment. Didnt think it would be a problem as I was going to get a Punto 75 cam as this seemed to be the best and easiest mod ever.

The gearbox has done 4000miles and was from a 2002 Sei S, I saw the car it came out of.
This would have made the most of the extra power of the above engine and also more civilised at 80mph+.

Dont want to let these bits go as they took a while to find but she needs the car standard as I wont be around all the time to fix/service/fettle it. May have to get rid of the car if she want to move over too and it will sell better standard.

Any ideas on what I should ask for these so I can get them in the classifieds/ebay? obviously anyone on the Cinq forum has first dibs as this place has helped me out alot.

Bit depressing getting rid of all those 'one day' parts and items I have stockpiled over the last 10 or years but Italy should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back