Technical 100HP Help ?

Currently reading:
Technical 100HP Help ?

100HPGirl

Hi everybody, had my beloved white 100 HP since new in 2010, only 40k on the clock, however I've got a new problem.

After the recent MOT one of the advisories was rust on both rear axle spring mounts. Low & behold, 3 weeks down the road, one has broken off !

Any way, trying to source a new one is proving difficult ! Apparently the axle frame for the 100 HP is different from all the one's advertised ?

Contacted Dealership, and the correct part no. is.......58156918...................wait for it ................£1,540 !!

Anybody know where I can source a 58156918

Most of others for ordinary Panda Mk3's are only £200-£250. 51856917/ 50705127..............Is it because of the rear disc brakes that they're different ? and if so how different, anybody know if it could be modified to fit ?

Thanks

Use a standard Panda replacement axle. You will need to drill a hole in the stub axle mounting face to accept the ABS sensor. You could get a super-accurate hole location by cutting the faces off the old axle and using as templates but it's probably not necessary to be that good.

Dave,
That sounds great, here's a reply I got from one of the advertisers...........

" I probably shouldn't say this but plenty of people have bought and fitted mine to the hp. The abs sensor hole is in a different place and has to be drilled and maybe a small bracket to hold a wire needs moved. Apparently there is a few forums about this check them out"
So it sounds easy enough ? Is that why the part no's are so similar to the correct one '58156918' the other ones quoted
are "51856917 or 50705127"

Nothing to to with the disc brakes then ?

Scott

Modifying a standard axle is the only sensable option

It's been done many time, easy at a garage, doable by a home mechanic. Finding a garage willing to take the job on is a different story

The 100HP axle is unique and only fitted to the 100HP

Modifying a standard axle is the only sensable option

It's been done many time, easy at a garage, doable by a home mechanic. Finding a garage willing to take the job on is a different story

The 100HP axle is unique and only fitted to the 100HP
Thanks for that, I've got a small local garage, and he is pretty good ( restores old cars etc) I think he should manage ok. Is this the only mod
required ?

Scott

This post should give you an idea of what's involved:

100HP has a deep slot at the top of the hub mounting face on the axle. The standard axle (drum brakes) has a slot at the front. Drill a 1/2" hole at the top of the mounting plate to clear the ABS sensor. It has to be correctly centred of course but you have all the old 100HP stuff for reference. The biggest problem will be rust jamming the sensors into place. They usually get broken before they come out. I treat all of ABS sensor holes with anti seize. They all work perfectly and they came out when I need them to. I don't paste the sensors just the holes using a hobby paste brush.

Back