Technical 100HP - Drivers window not working, but switch/relay ok. Any ideas?

Currently reading:
Technical 100HP - Drivers window not working, but switch/relay ok. Any ideas?

Rockplough

Enjoying a 100HP
Did a search but nothing strictly matching.

The drivers window won't move. When I press the switch I can hear the relay working, but it clicks on then immediately off. As if something is physically jamming it maybe? Recently I did hear a clunk occasionally as the window was moving up and down. Don't know if it's related.

Would be grateful for any ideas before I rip into the door.

Did a search but nothing strictly matching.

The drivers window won't move. When I press the switch I can hear the relay working, but it clicks on then immediately off. As if something is physically jamming it maybe? Recently I did hear a clunk occasionally as the window was moving up and down. Don't know if it's related.

Would be grateful for any ideas before I rip into the door.

The occasional clunk will be a little plastic widget that has broken. There are plenty of threads discussing this. Mine broke a couple of years ago and for a while made a terrible noise, but now works fine.

I also had the drivers window stop working with symptoms that seem identical to yours. It could be a number of causes. I fixed mine by removing the door card, checking power to the window motor (it was fine), unscrewing it and screwing it back on. Whatever had jammed was fixed by this. It has worked fine for the following two years.

To diagnose you need to remove the door card whatever, but its easy to take off.

edit: I remember the motor had unusual screws holding it on, but I cannot remember what they were, some variety of star headed I think.

Last edited:
Worth checking the condition of the wires in the door jam. They are known to deteriorate.

You can eliminate the switch by swapping them over

There is only two wires that go to each motor. Both directly connect to the body computer.

There are two Fuses on the body computer

F47 drivers window
F48 passengers window

Having said that I bet you will have to take the door card and measure/inspect

its most likely the plastic runner slider that has broken.

you need to take the door card off to check it.

you have 2 choices:

replace the plastic slider: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Doblo-window-regulator-repair-kit-clips-front-left-509/262749194409?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

or just replace the complete regulator: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-PANDA-169-RIGHT-FRONT-WINDOW-REGULATOR-LIFTER-WITH-MOTOR-lg/222755256516?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

it can be a right arse to replace that slider. it depends how everything is when it breaks.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back