Technical 1.9 JTD Alternator upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 JTD Alternator upgrade

Robbiee

Hello! I was wandering if there is a plug and play alternative for the stock 100amp alternator on the 1.9 jtd. I'm looking for a bigger 160+amp for my bass race project punto

Hi! You want Denso hair pin, it has a lot better idle/low rpm power output than any other alternator I've tested. I fitted 250A alternator from Jeep Grand Cherokee to my 1.2 Punto. I suggest to check out the denso hair pin catalog if there's one available which looks the same as yours. If not I'm sure one of the housings is fittable and start the search from there. You can see the difference between hair pin and normal alternator from the stator.

Hi! You want Denso hair pin, it has a lot better idle/low rpm power output than any other alternator I've tested. I fitted 250A alternator from Jeep Grand Cherokee to my 1.2 Punto. I suggest to check out the denso hair pin catalog if there's one available which looks the same as yours. If not I'm sure one of the housings is fittable and start the search from there. You can see the difference between hair pin and normal alternator from the stator.

Hi! The 1.2 which you have has different mounting, not like The 1.9 jtd

Back