Technical 1.6 running really lumpy, burning oil, loosing water

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 running really lumpy, burning oil, loosing water

radicalroadster

Hi there,

I bort my stilo 1.6 dynamic about 6 months ago nothing but problems,

Ive had the issue with loosing water looked at, compression tested apparently no issues had it looked at time and time again they say its not loosing water but its empty every few days i look at it.

Also loosing oil had it checked out again said there was no issues with it couldnt find any leaks was told its just stilos bad engines :S fail to beleave thats the case tho.

and now its running really lumpy exhaust is blowing although no problems with the exahust, about 2 months ago it started loosing power exhaust blowing but only when it got warm i heared the exhaust then a coil poped. So got that replaced problem went away for a couple weeks and now its back checked the coils doesnt seem to be a problem. exhaust is still blowing and running really lumpy almost like its misfiring.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

From reading around on forums only things i can gather to check are:

Check oil filter is secure

Check lamda sensor

and replace spark plugs

what would you recomend for me to do :S
treat me as a newbe i have a basic understanding how systems work but pretty lost.

Hi there,

I bort my stilo 1.6 dynamic about 6 months ago nothing but problems,

Ive had the issue with loosing water looked at, compression tested apparently no issues had it looked at time and time again they say its not loosing water but its empty every few days i look at it.

Also loosing oil had it checked out again said there was no issues with it couldnt find any leaks was told its just stilos bad engines :S fail to beleave thats the case tho.

and now its running really lumpy exhaust is blowing although no problems with the exahust, about 2 months ago it started loosing power exhaust blowing but only when it got warm i heared the exhaust then a coil poped. So got that replaced problem went away for a couple weeks and now its back checked the coils doesnt seem to be a problem. exhaust is still blowing and running really lumpy almost like its misfiring.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

From reading around on forums only things i can gather to check are:

Check oil filter is secure

Check lamda sensor

and replace spark plugs

what would you recomend for me to do :S
treat me as a newbe i have a basic understanding how systems work but pretty lost.

Your leaking or burning water and oil, fact. Which? Thats the trick! Needs a good thorough look over for signs of leaks so check all hoses and the expansin tank / radiator in the cooling system. Do you get steam all the time from the exhaust when running the engine (not just when cold)

I would recommend a "sniff" test to see if there is combustion gasses in the cooling system, think possible Head Gasket IMO. Has the engine been overheated at all due to the coolant loss?

Well the water level did get really low a couple times and dial shot up when stoped in traffic never went into the red tho. when i drove off tho the dial droped back down almost immediatly. At the same time when this was happening the heater wouldnt seem to get hot when stoped in traffic and the rad fan was running almost constantly. With regards to steam have never noticed any steam at all. And the exhaust never lets out any steam unusual smells.

Lots of poeple have said head gasket, its just i had a mechanic pressure test it and he said there was nothing wrong with it. think i should get a second oppinion?

I cant for the life of me how they can miss the fact that you are loosing coolant and oil its got to go some where after all unless the oil is being burnt off through engine ware..if you have been experiencing over heating for a length of time I think its engine out time for a full investigation ..mine never leaked oil or water even when driven hard..gaskets can give up the ghost and leak but you say there is no visual sign of leaking ..most unusual..:chin:

Back