Technical 1.6 loose connection message [rpm sensor]

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 loose connection message [rpm sensor]

NO cameras on my stretch fortunatley :)

Is there any worthy fiat dealerships out this ayrshire way, or any good garages that you know of around here?

I mean the near Belfast one!!

Apparently the car is fixed - picking it up this avo!!

Seems the fault was caused by a dodgy battery?

Soon as I get it back I'll be cleaning the d4 connector, wrapping it in plastic (y)

Avoiding puddles deeper than 2.5 inches (y)

Tightening my crank sensor (whatever that is) (y)

Buying obd2 software and cables (y)

Buying protable battery charger (y)

Joing the AA and RAC (y)

The Stilo is well worth it :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Cheers

Darren

Ok,

Car stopped about 10 mins from mechanic. Heard today that the crank sensor needs replaced. He said the part is gonna cost £80??? A previous post in this topic states £20 for the part from Fiat??? Can anyone confirm how much this part costs? If you posted above saying £20 can you please pm me tonight? I want to call him tomorrow to tell him he can get the part from Fiat for £20.

Thanks Guys

Darren

Yeah battery tested sound Still fiat part

Bought a decent battery charger that checks it too and charges/maintains it and that says its sound

Im just at my proper wits end Where abouts is this infamous D4 connector?

Joe

Take the battery cover off, take screw out off edge of fuse board. The fuse board is hinged at one end, so lift up the edge which is closest to the car window, the fuse board will lift up towards you. You'll find the d4 connector underneath. Not sure what the black box bolted to the car body is, but I thought it was the D4 connector first time too!!

Cheers

Darren

Hi mate,

Had the exact same problem as youve had with your stilo. I took my car to my local dealer and they found it to be the RPM sensor, whatever that is. They replaced it and car has been perfect ever since.

Cost about £60-70.

Hope this helps

I've had the crank sensor replaced. Now one of the preheat coils is breaking down. The car is misfiring, one of the coils has signs of corrosion on it. When I put pressure on the connecor at the top it starts firing properly again. I'll be straight down to Fiat when they open again to buy a coil!!

It looks easy enought to fit. Any tips?

Thanks

Darren

Did you manage to sort this problem? I have the same problem and the indication seems that everyone thinks it could be the crank sensor? Was it this or sumthin else? Thanx:slayer:

Back