General 1.4 what else can I do?

Currently reading:
General 1.4 what else can I do?

kou_19

Hi Folks,

I have a 2006 1.4 Fiat Stilo Active Sport 6 Speed. I have replaced the air filter and the exhaust is getting replaced :). I need ideas but i'm not too hot on modding Fiats:confused:.

Can anyone help with websites and advice on what to do? I have looked online but i just keep getting directed to ebay and to websites that are of no help(n).

Thanks in advance for the input.(y)

Thanks guys i have a body kit in mind but that wont happent till next year. So what else any other mods? i need a little more power I know its only a 1.4 but their must be more that can be done?

TBH short of zorst, induction & remap there's not much more you can do with the engine unless your looking at spending into the thousands, maybe an uprated manifold, sports cat. but not sure if this is available on the 1.4.

only other thing I could suggest to make the car a bit quicker is strip the car to make it lighter as the Stilo is quite heavy (around 1.3 tonnes) get rid of back seats, spare wheel, quite a bit of sound deadning, carpets, lighter wheels etc but depends if your willing to do that or not. also if your doing that then you'd be better upgrading the handling like stu said with uprated springs, shocks, strut brace maybe thicker antiroll bar?

Last edited:
I like the input guys it has gave me a few ideas to run with but if I stripped out the car my other half would strip me out:eek:.

When I look online as well all I see it stuff for 1.2, 1.6 and above but i'm a little uncertan as to what would fit my car if I would have to go for the 1.2 or 1.6 part?

I did think of an engine swap but not for another 2 years till the point come down from 9:D.

Looks like shoppin at the end of the month. Might hide the bank statments.

Still anymore thoughts let me know folks.

I did think of cams, porting etc but it can get quite expensive, where as you could spend a little more and look into a turbo for more gains than a N/A engine.

EDIT: some of the parts for the 1.2 fit the 1.4 but depends what it is, if you see something let us know and we'll see what someone can dig up.

Last edited:
OK I have 2 more daft questions. I like to know what dos what in a car so is thier any place online I can read up on the benefits of changing these things. Also is their anywhere you could suggest I could go to get these from?

I know I'm asking a lot but I really need all the hope I can get but i do like to help people with what I learn.

again thanks in advance for the advice and info.

OK I have 2 more daft questions. I like to know what dos what in a car so is thier any place online I can read up on the benefits of changing these things. Also is their anywhere you could suggest I could go to get these from?

I know I'm asking a lot but I really need all the hope I can get but i do like to help people with what I learn.

again thanks in advance for the advice and info.

Induction and re-map will get you between 113 and 120bhp depending on state of engine with some good torque inprovement. Exhaust will help a bit further. Cams and porting is quite costly and means car is off the road.

If someone can point me in the direction of which supersprint exhaust i would need. and also a sports cat..then i'll get my wallet out.

Just wondering. if in the meantime, while looking for a backbox, would i benefit from replacing the centre box with a straight pipe?

So i could go on the supersprint site and pick a 1.2 exhaust that i want?
anyone know where i can get a cat?

1.4 panda engine is basically the same..so super sprint manifold should fit..

is czat in mani on 1.4s like mine?

if so then a supersprint mani is best option de-cat wise

Back