Technical 1.3 Multijet varient identification

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 Multijet varient identification

P3T3R

Afternoon all - First post on here so be gentle!
First to introduce myself, Peter from (near Derby UK) - I'm mostly into British/ Italian classic cars, probably now owned 30+...

I've just picked up a 1.3d Multijet 90 "Spares or Repairs" Doblo Cargo as a run-about / Tip Trip / General parts collection van which is experiencing some running issues.
It's build date is December 2013 - And I need to get some parts, but am struggling to ID the exact engine variant, or even if this is the correct original engine for the van.

I'm seeing several engine variant numbers online and in the books, EG 199A2000, 199A3000, 199A4000....
How do I tell which mine is? All I can say is it appears to be non-Stop/Start (can't find a button), and the oil filter is side-mounted not top-mounted.

Thank you!

Afternoon all - First post on here so be gentle!
First to introduce myself, Peter from (near Derby UK) - I'm mostly into British/ Italian classic cars, probably now owned 30+...

I've just picked up a 1.3d Multijet 90 "Spares or Repairs" Doblo Cargo as a run-about / Tip Trip / General parts collection van which is experiencing some running issues.
It's build date is December 2013 - And I need to get some parts, but am struggling to ID the exact engine variant, or even if this is the correct original engine for the van.

I'm seeing several engine variant numbers online and in the books, EG 199A2000, 199A3000, 199A4000....
How do I tell which mine is? All I can say is it appears to be non-Stop/Start (can't find a button), and the oil filter is side-mounted not top-mounted.

Thank you!
Don't know if this will help but according to my 2012 Auto data 199a2000 was a early Doblo multijet 75hp 2005-10 and I would guess oil filter top mounted as daughter had a Grande Punto that era. A Doblo/Cargo 1.3 Multijet 90 dated 2010-12 had a 263a2.000 90hp.
My Doblo Maxi 2010 is a 1.6 105hp and has a side mounted oil filter accessible through the wheel arch.
A total guess is the 90 hp one has a VVT or VNT turbo to get the extra Hp.

Hi Peter and welcome :)

Ive not had an MJ that new..

But 75 and 90 are the standard BHP outputs

Around 2013 they moved the glowplugs around.. often questions about plug access in the Qubo section

Considering these are almost 10 years old now.. its amazing we have seen so little traffic about keeping them..!!
Charlie

Hi Peter and welcome :)

Ive not had an MJ that new..

But 75 and 90 are the standard BHP outputs

Around 2013 they moved the glowplugs around.. often questions about plug access in the Qubo section

Considering these are almost 10 years old now.. its amazing we have seen so little traffic about keeping them..!!
Charlie
Just another thought, on the older 75hp it used one securing nut to hold down two injectors on the 1.3 which I think is a weak point as it was common for them to blow/not seal into the head. I wonder if there was an upgrade on later versions?
On my 2010 1.6 it uses one securing clamp per injector.
Just asking, but does your 2013 1.3 use a cam belt or still a rattle chain like the older ones;)

Thanks team - I've not yet been able to properly get dug into the van as its been dark after work.

Question: Is the engine code stamped on the block anywhere?

Back