General 1.3 dualogic 7 seater

Currently reading:
General 1.3 dualogic 7 seater

Only seen 3 or 4 MPW (7 seat) 500Ls on the road so probably not enough out there to judge this yet. However, a huge number of 5 seat 500Ls are 1.3 Multijet Dualogics and not seen any broken down, appear on here as having problems etc.

I drove a 1.3 Multijet 5 speed manual MPW and whilst it's no ball of fire, it certainly felt safe & competent on the 60mph journeys between Oxford & Cheltenham I used it for.

Personally I'd have the 1.6 Multijet if I planned to carry 7 people or luggage regularly, but the 1.3 is a fair bit quieter and gives off less vibrations in the cabin compared to the 1.6. Of course if you need an auto it has to be the 1.3 as that's the only auto available.

don't forget the 7 seater is a 5 + 2
the 2 extra rear seats in a MPW are really only suited for children between about 8 & 12 years old
Although a small adult can fit in them, they really are cramped and only useful for very short journeys.

why not younger children?
Because they are extremely difficult to fit a child seat to and I am not sure that strapping a child seat in to these seats would be legal in UK
As far as I can see a child under about 8 needs either a child seat or a booster seat/cushion to be legal in UK

What the law actually says is under 135 cm or 12 years old, but in practice that means about 8 years old for the majority of kids

Reactions: MJG
Back