Styling 1.2 active seats swap for sporting seats

Currently reading:
Styling 1.2 active seats swap for sporting seats

hi everybody, i have a 1.2 active which is very basic inside the cabin and im looking to try and make it more exciting place to be. i want swap out the seats for some sporting (tjet or mjet) seats. i noticed that the active seats dont have air bags in the sides where as the sportings do ? will this cause any problems with air bag lights or will it be that they just wont work. and am i right in thinking its just a simple swap over or is there the usual "modifications" required when changing seats ?

sam

muchos gracias

hi everybody, i have a 1.2 active which is very basic inside the cabin and im looking to try and make it more exciting place to be. i want swap out the seats for some sporting (tjet or mjet) seats. i noticed that the active seats dont have air bags in the sides where as the sportings do ? will this cause any problems with air bag lights or will it be that they just wont work. and am i right in thinking its just a simple swap over or is there the usual "modifications" required when changing seats ?

sam

muchos gracias

Straight swap mate,

As with the airbags, you just don't plug them in, and the car knows no wiser....

i can only imagine an awkward chat with the mot people though but i suppose how will they know they arent plugged in ? i wont be any more unsafe as the old ones didnt have them so i think im gonna definately look into this when funds are available :p thanks rake!!

sam

Does the active have the wiring and airbag ecu for side airbags? If so you might be able to plug them in and pay to have them switched on. Bit of a long shot I'd think though, much easier on just not connect them.

He wants sporting seats, not specifically for airbags Dom ;) Sam, M-jet and T-jet pal. Thats what you want.

Its simply the 'sporting' trim (nothing to do with engine) so that includes the 1.4 16v (starjet) sporting as well.

There are no 1.4 8v sportings (in the UK anyway).

Last edited:
Okay thanks guys, I've got a seller on ebay messaging me in the morning who has some, but the airbags have been deployed so I asked him to check the colour of detail, if they are in good condition and whether he has the caps/covers for the airbags. So I'll report back if I get them.

Sam

Back