Technical Grande punto engine swap

Currently reading:
Technical Grande punto engine swap

I have an abarth grande punto complete engine with gearbox and ecu's and intercooler and radiator and want to swap it in instead of my 1.4 8v My question is do i need to change the wiring loom of the grande and fit the one of the abarth?
Also a dumb question but do 5 speed normal transmittion shafts match the abarth gearbox 5spd?
Thanks!

Unwritten rule: if you're asking such things, you'll not be able to do it yourself.
Maybe "brutal", but it's true. Swaps ain't easy. You have been warned.
Do some research first. Google, forums, blogs, YouTube. If someone did this before.
Look at used parts on eBay, pictures of wiring harnesses for example. Do they differ?
Engines, gearboxes, suspension (look at 1,2/1,4 8V and Abarth versions).
This was (still is) basic homework to be done, before posting anything.

Unwritten rule: if you're asking such things, you'll not be able to do it yourself.
Maybe "brutal", but it's true. Swaps ain't easy. You have been warned.
Do some research first. Google, forums, blogs, YouTube. If someone did this before.
Look at used parts on eBay, pictures of wiring harnesses for example. Do they differ?
Engines, gearboxes, suspension (look at 1,2/1,4 8V and Abarth versions).
This was (still is) basic homework to be done, before posting anything.
I have done swaps before and asked multiple people and some said the looms are the same and some said they aren't and i started questioning myself. I will most probably switch everything from the abarth engine bay so i play it safe but wanted to ask just was curious. Thanks for the heads up anyways.

So if you're experienced there is no point in asking. You just start doing it. And buy/modify things as you go.
Custom mounts/brackets/adapters are normal thing. Cooling and electrical too (some things will NOT be "plug & play").

Random website (non-english), multiple "swap" examples: http://trs-racing.pl/realizacje/

So if you're experienced there is no point in asking. You just start doing it. And buy/modify things as you go.
Custom mounts/brackets/adapters are normal thing. Cooling and electrical too (some things will NOT be "plug & play").

Random website (non-english), multiple "swap" examples: http://trs-racing.pl/realizacje/
Thats the plan but the more u ask and research the better. Will have a good look at the link. Thanks

Back