Technical 1.2 16v wiring issues newbie

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 16v wiring issues newbie

P94smv

Recently purchased half done project I’ve sorted besides wiring 😩🫣

Car came to me with 16v loom fitted and ecu mounted in oe cinq spot

I’ve since used all the guides I’ve found on here but still not heard fuel pump prime or seen spark 🤦‍♂️

My issue seems to be with cinq d4 into punto d4

I’ve had ecu immob taken off using the cinq code box and key but still get code light 🤷‍♂️ Can I just unplug the box under dash ??

I’ve got all gauges on dash working it seems

Punto black/red is live off battery

White relay is live and tps also livens off ignition

Earths are cinq loom to gearbox , battery to chassis , battery to block , big bunch on rear of engine

I’m noticing the ignition light seems to be lit even with keys out the car 😧

Awaiting battery to recharge so can have another try

My cinq doesn’t seem to have a spare bullet under battery tray the 2 plugs I do have are plugged in which are 2 thick reds on 1 plug and red/back - black/purple

Attachments

• AD3CBDDD-4ABD-4E8A-A580-C218E81EB896.jpeg
    AD3CBDDD-4ABD-4E8A-A580-C218E81EB896.jpeg
    431.5 KB · Views: 104
  • E9EB7815-3EE1-4AE9-BD7B-DDD32DBCCD68.jpeg
    E9EB7815-3EE1-4AE9-BD7B-DDD32DBCCD68.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 913A56F3-756D-4993-A36E-03788813A7D6.jpeg
    913A56F3-756D-4993-A36E-03788813A7D6.jpeg
    616.8 KB · Views: 60
  • E3A83707-2C3E-4AC3-B31D-D340B946E9C0.png
    E3A83707-2C3E-4AC3-B31D-D340B946E9C0.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
Recently purchased half done project I’ve sorted besides wiring 😩🫣

Car came to me with 16v loom fitted and ecu mounted in oe cinq spot

I’ve since used all the guides I’ve found on here but still not heard fuel pump prime or seen spark 🤦‍♂️

My issue seems to be with cinq d4 into punto d4

I’ve had ecu immob taken off using the cinq code box and key but still get code light 🤷‍♂️ Can I just unplug the box under dash ??

I’ve got all gauges on dash working it seems

Punto black/red is live off battery

White relay is live and tps also livens off ignition

Earths are cinq loom to gearbox , battery to chassis , battery to block , big bunch on rear of engine

I’m noticing the ignition light seems to be lit even with keys out the car 😧

Awaiting battery to recharge so can have another try

My cinq doesn’t seem to have a spare bullet under battery tray the 2 plugs I do have are plugged in which are 2 thick reds on 1 plug and red/back - black/purple
I don't use it maybe some who has Fiat "multiscan " program can check if immobiliser is still active causing your issue.
I had a Iveco Daily with immobiliser fault and was able to get it removed from the Bosch ECU, it cost me £137 against the Iveco Dealers who wanted £1000 if I towed the vehicle 30 miles to them!
If ignition light still on with keys out something drastically wrong with wiring, could cause fire:(

I don't use it maybe some who has Fiat "multiscan " program can check if immobiliser is still active causing your issue.
I had a Iveco Daily with immobiliser fault and was able to get it removed from the Bosch ECU, it cost me £137 against the Iveco Dealers who wanted £1000 if I towed the vehicle 30 miles to them!
If ignition light still on with keys out something drastically wrong with wiring, could cause fire:(
Rewired it today like this pic all lights appear on dash injection now goes out ok

I’m unsure what to do with both black/purple some say join some say earth my black/purple cinq side holds volts and also seems to pulse on the beep tester when power is at the white relay

Ecu had immob taken off other day I’ve still got the cinq key reader plugged in under dash though unsure if can just unplu that now

I need to check my starter tomorrow and wiring to it as got brand new battery today and it’s barely turning over I’ve added earths and no better

To get honest I’m unsure if the starter side of loom is cinq or punto

Engine harness is mk1 punto 16v as is ecu

Attachments

• 83C8DFD6-FD99-4AF9-88A0-948D13E141BD.png
    83C8DFD6-FD99-4AF9-88A0-948D13E141BD.png
    2 MB · Views: 51
Rewired it today like this pic all lights appear on dash injection now goes out ok

I’m unsure what to do with both black/purple some say join some say earth my black/purple cinq side holds volts and also seems to pulse on the beep tester when power is at the white relay

Ecu had immob taken off other day I’ve still got the cinq key reader plugged in under dash though unsure if can just unplu that now

I need to check my starter tomorrow and wiring to it as got brand new battery today and it’s barely turning over I’ve added earths and no better

To get honest I’m unsure if the starter side of loom is cinq or punto

Engine harness is mk1 punto 16v as is ecu
On my Iveco once ECU had immobiliser side removed the guy was emphatic I must disconnect antenae ring, immobilser box it went into along with the plug from that to the Bosch ECU before reconnecting ECU and battery.
Worse thing is trying to fix something previous owner has been playing with.
Very weary when people say just join wires, if you have to I would put a low amperage inline fuse in circuit just in case it is wrong!
Ideally if you had the reg of donor car and recipient and a pal with Snap On Diagnostic programme or similar to down load both wiring diagrams to match.
What are the ages of the two vehicles and engine codes, I have a book with ECU pin outs for up to around 1997 for some Fiats?

On my Iveco once ECU had immobiliser side removed the guy was emphatic I must disconnect antenae ring, immobilser box it went into along with the plug from that to the Bosch ECU before reconnecting ECU and battery.
Worse thing is trying to fix something previous owner has been playing with.
Very weary when people say just join wires, if you have to I would put a low amperage inline fuse in circuit just in case it is wrong!
Ideally if you had the reg of donor car and recipient and a pal with Snap On Diagnostic programme or similar to down load both wiring diagrams to match.
What are the ages of the two vehicles and engine codes, I have a book with ECU pin outs for up to around 1997 for some Fiats?
I’ll disconnect the cinq antenna tomorrow and see if that helps my situation knowing my luck with this car I’ve probably locked the ecu again 😩😩 I’ve got punto box and key still I can retry fooling it again

I’ll disconnect the cinq antenna tomorrow and see if that helps my situation knowing my luck with this car I’ve probably locked the ecu again 😩😩 I’ve got punto box and key still I can retry fooling it again
What age are the cars?
Re the starter turning slowly, if people have been flogging it over it may have got hot and damaged the starter windings, so even with good starter leads , earths and a good battery it would still turn slowly, if the starter gets hot quickly not a good sign plus if it takes a lot of amps on the leads, you can measure that with a clamp on tester.

Back