Technical 1.2 16v - water or oil plug?

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 16v - water or oil plug?

Hey there. I figured it's better to ask in "our" subforum:
- Does this plug lead to the oil or water ways in the engine, or neither?
Might be a good place to screw in the temperature sensor, since i got both.

If it's a problem, please forgive me and move this to punto/bravo/brava or some other relevant section (cars with 1.2 16v engines :))

EDIT: P.S. I still haven't been able to remove it, got some penetrating oil on it and gonna try later, the plug is in solid.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 400
Found a working ePer already, but it only says "plug", so not much help. No idea what it's torqued up to, haven't been able to remove it yet...

Also (somewhat related to the topic), any idea if these are "clean" or "dirty" oil plugs, and whether it'd be a good idea to stic an oil temp sensor here, instead of tapping the sump?

Thanks!

Attachments

• filter_plugs.jpg
    filter_plugs.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 183
Those are the plugs. I can't remember which is which, but one is clean (after the filter) the other dirty (pre-filter). Will check later. Traditionally the clean one is used as a take off for the turbo oil feed, the dirty one can be Td from to take oil temp and pressure.

They'll be tight. Heating up and cooling the thermostat housing may slacken that plug off -- best done off the engine.

Managed to remove it, seems like a water plug. Had to use an extension bar on the allen key. Unfortunately, my temp sensor is a different size and pitch, but i think i could make an adapter plug that should do the trick. I don't feel like making a second takeoff near the radiator, as someone suggested i should do, if there's a hole in the engine head with water flowing there, might get more accurate temp readings here (although i admit the difference would be next to none).

If you have the time to check the info on those oil plugs, i'd be very grateful. I'd use the clean one for an oil cooler and turbo oil feed, the dirty one for the oil temp sender.

Back