Tuning 1.2 16V swap on my mk2 1.2 8v and also turbo consversion in the future.

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.2 16V swap on my mk2 1.2 8v and also turbo consversion in the future.

Nikiku

Hi! I was wondering if I could get help on my project. I have a 2003 MK2 Punto 1.2 8V and it's a bit sluggish compared to my other cars. I'm planning a 16V swap and turbo someday when I get to it. What's the requirement for the conversion? I have done an engine swap once, so this isn't that much of a new concept for me.

1000014990.jpg

@Trainantonio are you using the 595/tjet manifold and turbo? Looking at using that for mine just not sure if it fits
The manifold from the t jet or bravo 1.4 I think they're the same. The turbo is a VL37 from an abarth 595, decat down pipe from that too.
Boost pipe set from eBay with reducer and inducer couplings for throttle body are necessary too.
I run an intercooler however it's nothing fancy, joining the exhausts from mid to down pipe will require custom fabrication and the turbo won't boost properly without a piggyback ECU like Unichip with a map but apart from that it's mostly bolt on.
Lastly, I advise to buy a new sump for 20£ off eBay or wherever as you'll have to tap an oil return pipe.

Back