Technical 07 1.2 GP passenger side window

Currently reading:
Technical 07 1.2 GP passenger side window

fiddler69uk

My fatherinlaw came to me and asked if i could look at his GP 07 5 door 1.2l 8v, I checked the manual for the fuses, ALL ok checked and removed the door switches all dissconected and reconected, Still no joy. So i bought another motor for him ANd that one would drop but not go back up ????? Same as the original one It would go down but not up ????
Checked all the conectors and I dont know which one it was but the bloody thing worked Up and down freely afr a few times ???
Great I thought, so i put all the door card back on connected all the switches. The thing wont work again ???? totaly baffled but atleast i have got my dadinlaws window up and secure. Left it for today as i have a bad back and did the fixing or not in the snow:eek:
Tried all the fuses in the engine comp, still no joy ???
so put it back in the garage for my dad.
thought i would have another look on the forum to see if i can find anything I have missed?? tried the door conector all tight would it be ok to spray some dewetting spray into the contacts ???
Any help would be great.
thanks
Lance

Thanks Andy thats my next try out lol
going to take the wifes door switches off and try them out too, just to eliminate really, hadnt thought of the door connectors as my dad inlaw dropped the window from his side ???? so after reading up all evening thats whats in my sights.

(y)
Will post the out come what ever that is ????

Still no luck Drivers side passenger switch wont work at all and on the passenger side it will only go down:bang:
Going over to dealers tomorrow with dad and see what they say :confused::confused:

Still no luck Drivers side passenger switch wont work at all and on the passenger side it will only go down:bang:
Going over to dealers tomorrow with dad and see what they say :confused::confused:

Did you get it fixed? I have the same problem - passenger window switch only moves it down not up. Driver's side only works the driver's window, nothing at all for the passenger's.

Yes, got it sorted in the end, it was the drivers side wiring harness, tried new switches ect but it was a broken wire on thedrivers side. Hope this helps.

Yes, got it sorted in the end, it was the drivers side wiring harness, tried new switches ect but it was a broken wire on thedrivers side. Hope this helps.

I've had this problem for over a year now and so far 4 garages can't find the problem. I've had to disconnect the motor from the passenger window and wedge it up. Same issue as you lot, no operation from driver side and passenger side can only put it down, not up.

I'm at my wits end it's making me considering trading the car in. Not to mention a really really terrible ride when the front passenger wheel goes over any kind of bad surface. It's bone shattering and scares the living daylights out of me, specially at 70mph along the motorway.

I had mine fixed about 2 months ago , same problem as u lot, something to do with a damaged wiring loom , I'll find out more info on it tonight as my dad was the one who took it to get fixed so he will no more than me

I had mine fixed about 2 months ago , same problem as u lot, something to do with a damaged wiring loom , I'll find out more info on it tonight as my dad was the one who took it to get fixed so he will no more than me

Would be helpful mate thanks.

I've had this problem for over a year now and so far 4 garages can't find the problem. I've had to disconnect the motor from the passenger window and wedge it up. Same issue as you lot, no operation from driver side and passenger side can only put it down, not up.

I'm at my wits end it's making me considering trading the car in. Not to mention a really really terrible ride when the front passenger wheel goes over any kind of bad surface. It's bone shattering and scares the living daylights out of me, specially at 70mph along the motorway.

I had a problem with really bad vibrations from passenger wheels , felt like the wheel was gonna fall off when on the motorway, I changed the track rod end which sorted that problem, have u tried that, also worth getting the wheels balanced again

Back