Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Want me to disconnect the battery?
Nope

Wrong code

U1600 is a known issue

Screenshot_20240325-122747.png

Try disconnecting the ABS

Clear codes and see what comes back

There was a problem with the pumps and canbus but not the one we are having now

Still think it's a power or ground issue

C100? Are all battery related

The code on your reader will not be 100% as the electronics and wiring were changed in 2008

Last edited:
The weird part is that they are new faults and after wiggling the cables they showed up i am thinking of putting someone on the scan tool to start looking through the systems while i wiggle the cables but the problem is that it started raining unless you have another suggestion

And as far as i know this was the last panda II car released as after it started the panda III

The weird part is that they are new faults and after wiggling the cables they showed up i am thinking of putting someone on the scan tool to start looking through the systems while i wiggle the cables but the problem is that it started raining unless you have another suggestion
Sounds like a good idea 👍

Try these first

in the fuse box
Screenshot_20240325-130503.png

Red on battery terminals going to the fusebox
Black on battery terminals going to ECU

White/red 16
Purple/white 62
Orange/white 12
Yellow/grey 29

Black/purple 5,6,21,22

There is another joint within the loom on the 12,29

Alright easier as i don't have time until probably sunday but the question is how to test if the joint is bad because i don't wanna tear down the whole bunch of cables and tubes

Hi there just checked the fuses and the eye terminal you mentioned they all had build-up on them cleaned them all didn't get a chance to test them yet but the F11 is changed but the question is how many amps should it be? the one now fitted is 15 amps

Yeah it's correct here just have to try it with all the cleaned fuses and terminal will keep you updated

Alright so car still refusing to start, and now i got
P1818 gearchange control on the gearbox
9022 Serial line with incorrect code
Airbag clean
Abs clean
EPS clean
Ecu clean
Dashboard clean

Closed the ignition and left for a few (about a minute) tried cranking twice for a long time each time no start then after stopping ran through the diagnostic and got the serial line with incorrect code and the minicrypt incorrect code D600

And the RPM
Straightaway or delay

We seem to have lost a few of the error codes
Low battery
Alternator
Crank sensor and so on

How's the lights on the dash

Immobilizer, battery, oil

Even when the car was running didn't you have the 9022 error

Sorry buddy but i forgot to notice the dashboard lights but one thing I did notice is that the immobilizer light on the dashboard is still giving out 3 blinks after the failed startups

And yes the 9022 was ever since i got the car but the D600 is new in the business and started showing up ever since the car failed to start and intermittently same as the startups but some very rare times the car would fail to start at first and would get the 9022 fault without the D600

That's great everything is working
No crank error
No canbus error
No alternator error
No battery error

9022 has always been there

D600 is the hexadecimal code for U1600 key not recognised

It the key a remote or manual key

That's great everything is working
No crank error
No canbus error
No alternator error
No battery error

9022 has always been there

D600 is the hexadecimal code for U1600 key not recognised

It the key a remote or manual key
It has central lock unlock but staying the car and cranking is through the key, the key was checked with 2 key readers and returned as functional (tried reading the chip about 6 times on mine and have the transponder's code all 6 times) so the key is not faulty, checked the antenna ring, gave 30 ohms resistance i think it was. 32-34 to be exact but i don't quite remember and checked the antenna wiring for shorts and it was all good along with continuity so I'm gonna assume it's a dead immobilizer

And if my assumption is correct the question now is: is it repairable? Or do i have to get a new one?

There's no separate immobilizer, it's all in the BCM and ECU

Intermittent key is common and normally a dry joint here in the remote

peugeot-pcb-peu01-800w~2.jpg

Just be careful undoing the key as one has been dropped and lost in the last few weeks

But It always worth checking

Back