Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

So we're at the tapping/wiggling stage now? Can't we measure and be sure somewhere?

A shot dip of a fraction of a second will not be seen at all by the multimeter

The scan tool has a much faster sample rate

We need to be sure it's BCM or ECU or Chassis

Ok so something weird is going on at first the noise was from the wires entering the bcm, i started wiggling them some gave and some didn't but then i went to the ECU before touching there was a hella lot of flickering but the flicker is of 0.1-0.2v started moving the wires entering the ECU the noise kept increasing until i removed the loom containing the red and white wire then after replugging the loom closing and opening ignition etc... i am getting N/A battery voltage what happened?

After restarting the software it worked again no idea why this happened

That good, at least we know 100% the scan tool is getting the voltage from the ECU, which it should

I been here on boards with thousands of components on them

Because there all connected if you move one you move them all

This car is driving me mad look at the spikes and they show before and after the selespeed pump activate keeps showing for a couple of seconds then become less and less until they go back away

Attachments

• IMG_20240325_133728.jpg
    IMG_20240325_133728.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Leave it with me a second I might be able narrow down the search

White and red
Black and purple
The two black on the case

There's a couple from the ignition let me dig them out

I know but nothing i move trigger the spiking only when the selespeed pump is about to trigger i even tried the fan wires all bcm wires both ECU wires and looms the large gearbox wires and plug behind the engine next to the drive shaft the wires passing under the windshield and not a single one triggered spiking
That good, at least we know 100% the scan tool is getting the voltage from the ECU, which it should

I been here on boards with thousands of components on them

Because there all connected if you move one you move them all

This car is driving me mad look at the spikes and they show before and after the selespeed pump activate keeps showing for a couple of seconds then become less and less until they go back away
Those spikes are normal fraction of a volt

Screenshot_20240325-100800.png

These are 4 volts with nothing operating

You moved whatever was loose

After i was done with all the wiggling i found these codes and surprisingly bcm and ecu were both clean

Attachments

• IMG_20240325_134705.jpg
    IMG_20240325_134705.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240325_134742.jpg
    IMG_20240325_134742.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240325_134818.jpg
    IMG_20240325_134818.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
In this picture it was 0.1-0.2

Those spikes are normal fraction of a volt

View attachment 440800

These are 4 volts with nothing operating

You moved whatever was loose
I didn't move anything before hooking the diagnostic tool and got no large fluctuations after hooking it the second time do you think cranking might show this large fluctuations again?

Turns out the little flickers are from the battery and i tried cranking nothing is happening again all normal and stable now at 12.3-12.4v

Any idea how to replicate that because I have tried all the cables again and still nothing

Both the C100? Errors are for low battery

U1700 might not be genuine

Let me check it either U1700 or U1600 I forget which that should be ignored and the battery disconnected and connected let me see if I can find the service post

Back