03 panda won't restart?

Currently reading:
03 panda won't restart?

Hi all, I start my panda 03 this morning, I had left the lights on from the night before, still started, turned the blower up full and the engine cut out and will not start now? Help

Hi all, I start my panda 03 this morning, I had left the lights on from the night before, still started, turned the blower up full and the engine cut out and will not start now? Help
Jump start, test battery, battery charge, new battery, check charging system?
All or none of the above, it sounds like you were just lucky it caught and ran the first time.
It is not unknown with cold weather for the battery to just die.
When it caught and started the first time, if engine was only ticking over, the alternator was probably not running fast enough to compensate for the load of lights and fan etc. Possible if you had revved the engine a little it would have started charging enough to compensate.
I always told my daughters to start a car with no load such as fan , lights , heated screen etc. as that on a cold day or with a weak battery might make all the difference to driving home safely or not.

Last edited:
Fully agree with @bugsymike. I would turn all electrics off, then charge the battery and see if it'll start, or jump start it, and let it run for a while before turning any electrics on. Note the power steering also draws a lot of current.

If replacing the battery it would be a good idea to renew the negative earth strap at the same time, they're known to deteriorate and can cause problems.

take the battery off and take it inside

A flat battery will freeze and buckle the plates, ruining it.

What equipment do you have
Jump leads
Multi meter
Battery charger

If you a battery charger an overnight charge would be a good start

Hi, thanks for the comments, my apologies for not explaining myself clear enough, the battery was strong and continue to turnover the engine but it would start.
This morning with a fully charged battery still the same.
So it's most likely fuel or spark!
I sprayed some Easy START in the Carb and still no luck.
I'm now thinking it electrical because of my overload yesterday morning.
I've blown a fuse or breaker
I would be grateful for any idea to what it may be.

Many thanks

Clean the top of the lead battery posts with something like a kitchen scouring pad or similar so there’s a couple of shiny spots

Measure the voltage first
What’s it drop to when someone cranks the car

Im flying solo here, so not able to check voltage drop at the moment, 3/4 of a tank, Sprayed Easy Start in the carb still didn't fire, is it possible to blow the coil supplying the power to plug?

Back