Tuning 0-100 after mods?

Currently reading:
Tuning 0-100 after mods?

HellfireZA

Ok So I sort of had a thread with this before but I decided to redu it. Basically my urge to upgrade my car cant hold back anymore (oh well for the warranty... maybe!)

So I started with putting a SS freeflow backbox in because I couldn't stand the ugly stock funny windy thing. Tomorrow I'm going to have the cat removed and a custom SS 63mm downpipe fitted. Then after that within the next month a forged intake and a custom remap which should have me sitting on close to 200bhp and around 340nm... now for a 1.4 I say thats damn amazing, I'm loving this little engine, it really has made me proud so I can't wait till next month when I've done these mods.

What you guys think and has anyone else managed to get in the 6 seconds for 0-100... I'm sure my car will be touching that even if its 6.9-6.8 I'll be very impressed.

I wouldn't suggest hitting 200bhp with the stock vl36 turbine. It can be done but from reading many forums I found out that it drastically reduces the life of the turbine to 5 to 7k miles which means you'll need a replacement soon. Have the tunner make you a program with 190bhp and you'll be working stress free. If you're going all this way, why not change the turbine as well?? Many people mod their bravos with the turbine from the old impreza (TD04 I think?) with good results.

I've also read so here but as I said I'll be close to 200, but make sure not to hit 200... overall though the only thing at 200 that would be stressed would be the turbine? Then again if thats true have you got a link to that one you mentioned or another one that would work?

Back