General 1/3 of the way there?

Currently reading:
General 1/3 of the way there?

arc

this is where i stand
hopefully get the box over onto the new engine tomorrow, new clutch etc and get the bay / loom tidied ready for new engine to go in (y)

engine hoist only just fits in garage!

Attachments

• DSCF0325.JPG
    DSCF0325.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0333.JPG
    DSCF0333.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Yup, I can see that, but are you going to lift the car over the engine or the engine over the car.

I built up the unit then lifted the car enough to get the unit under the front of the car and then used a jack to lift the unit up into the shell.

Cheers

D

the engine was dropped out the bottom, there is enough room to get it out sat on a skate board without having to raise the car any further. the hoist was used to slowly lower the engine.
plan is to put the new engine on the skate board, push it into place then use the hoist to raise it

well today, got the gearbox and engine seperated - sorted out what was needed from the old block. broke the cento TDC sensor - oops! brought the 1108 block home and put it in the shed, it can rest there now!
got some new bits ordered from fiat (new hub-strut bolts).

my clutch was totally knackered. the release bearing was..erm, wobbly and had eaten bits of the spines on the pressure plate. Both sides of the friction plate had metal showing. hehe, oops!

photos, of course.

friction plate is like that on both sides. one of the springs rattles about on its own, and you can see the lovely groove that the release bearing has eaten out. I suspect it wasn't long before the whole lot fell apart!

Attachments

• DSCF0296.JPG
    DSCF0296.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0299.JPG
    DSCF0299.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 33
1242 8v, 75 bottom end (stronger than 60), 75 cam, ported and gas flowed head, skimmed to limit, multiangle cut valve seats, lightened flywheel, port matched inlet manifold, then of course the 40mm TB and chip from the old engine

also upping the cooling, new alloy rad, puntoGT fan switch and a low temp thermostat

(y)

arc said:
1242 8v, 75 bottom end (stronger than 60), 75 cam, ported and gas flowed head, skimmed to limit, multiangle cut valve seats, lightened flywheel, port matched inlet manifold, then of course the 40mm TB and chip from the old engine

also upping the cooling, new alloy rad, puntoGT fan switch and a low temp thermostat

(y)

I've just helped a mate finish this conversion on his cinq. Where are you getting the low temp thermo and the the alloy rad? as his cooling is not too good and not enough space for a punto rad without too much modification :(

Back