Technical Exhaust system query 126 v 500

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust system query 126 v 500

I've messed about with both systems and i know the differences; but does anyone know if you can fit the 650 exhaust on the 500 engines and vice-versa. I would have the appropriate brickets to each system.

It's for someone to whom I'd like to donate a good spare.

I've messed about with both systems and i know the differences; but does anyone know if you can fit the 650 exhaust on the 500 engines and vice-versa. I would have the appropriate brickets to each system.

It's for someone to whom I'd like to donate a good spare.

Well first of all I would use a good quality cement on those brickets to get a good bond ;)
The diameter of the 650 pipe can sometimes be too big to fit some 500 elbows. The rear down pipe on a 650 exhaust will foul the hot air outlet from a 500 thermostat housing but this can be overcome with a little tippy tap with a ball pein hammer. Never tried a 500 exhaust on a 650.
500 steel brackets (if you choose metal :) ) were a lighter gauge metal than the 650 otherwise the same pattern.

[emoji3]
Thanks for that Dave.
I've since decided to give him the exhaust and briquettes from my old 500 engine which are in good nick. Save the messing and avoid wastage.
I"m feeling guilty because Mike recently undersold me two 650 engines and boxes and maybe realised that by now.[emoji3]

Back