Technical Brake disc diameter.

Currently reading:
Technical Brake disc diameter.

murphyv310

No Fiat now unfortunately
Hi.
I am going to replace the discs and pads on the Panda next week.
I'm confused mine are solid and some say 257mm diameter others 240 mm. I've tried to measure without the wheel off and 240 just seems to small, I have new pads and TBH I cannot see how they would be suitable for a 240 mm disc.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mine is a 1.2 Lounge, solid discs and the car was registered in March 2014.

Hi.
I think I've answered my own question.
The distance between the hub flange and the outer edge of the disc is 60mm on the car the width of the pad material is 49mm and there is around 10mm between the inner part of the pad and hub flange. on a 140 mm disc there would be less than 3 mm space between the inner of the pad and the hub. So mine have to be 257mm discs surely.

I would say take it off and match it up in the parts shop.Then order for home delivery.

Hi Phil.
I downloaded a pdf from National Brake last night and it has all 2012+ Pandas showing as 257mm. I'll be ordering the discs this morning in a few minutes and should have them by midday. I use a local auto shop who have been my main supplier for nearly 30 years.

Yes i order items for delivery..Are you planning the change today..its gonna get cold next week.Any way enjoy.. I like changing discs and pads..

I doubt I'll get time today, have a hearing test at 11 then I'll pick up the discs, chap coming with a 50's radiogram for repair plus I need to help the missus with some painting. I'm not in a rush as yet as there's about 1000 miles in the pads. Will be cleaning and waxoyling at the same time, so would like a nice warm day. So maybe next week's out then.

Hi.
Well I did do the job, the lad with the radiogram was in a hurry and the missus has decided to wait till it's a wet day..... now that's common sense.
The job took about an hour start to finish.
Here are some pictures, one disc is quite badly scored, not so noticeable in the pictures, the camera doesn't like close ups sadly.

Attachments

• DSCF8874.JPG
    DSCF8874.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • DSCF8873.JPG
    DSCF8873.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • DSCF8866.JPG
    DSCF8866.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • DSCF8868.JPG
    DSCF8868.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8869.JPG
    DSCF8869.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Mine was low at 20,000 miles. The first owner lived in a coastal town so they may be more rusted than usual. Fortunately the rest of the car is mint, I will be rustproofing during the summer though.

The solid discs should be replaced when worn to 10mm, if badly scored beforehand.

Last edited:
Back