General gutted punto restoration over

Currently reading:
General gutted punto restoration over

stepuntogtsshhhh

two months of hard work bleeding nuckles and a trip to a an e to get metal out of eye to get a mk1 gt one the road got the beast running last week after solving the dreaded red key problems only to find that after pullin back carpets the floor is nacked needs new footwells and sills under more inspection so she is gettin broke for parts shame to see another of a dying icon go feel like part of me has died today :(

can't you weld in new sections..?

being a modern car your beable to get the panels..

that or make them.. it's not difficult to make floor sections.. all you need is some basic tools to make the ribs and intenations as per the factory.

It's done in the classic car market all the time.. only cos the panels are £500-900 or they are not available..

Then you learn new life skills and save another car. It's only metal but also you need tounder stand how far you go with the car though..

(y)

well shell been looked at by welder big problem was when we went ramps were in use guy tired to jack back end up and jack went thru floor nearly killed the bloke and after gettin it on ramps need sills front and rear pans and part behind fuel tank so its goin scrap yard in the sky but on the look for another gt as i love them very much if any one in north east area wants a gt interior come and get it out and its yours

well shell been looked at by welder big problem was when we went ramps were in use guy tired to jack back end up and jack went thru floor nearly killed the bloke and after gettin it on ramps need sills front and rear pans and part behind fuel tank so its goin scrap yard in the sky but on the look for another gt as i love them very much if any one in north east area wants a gt interior come and get it out and its yours

i would only jack these up on the end of the sill never the floor
shame youve done all that work too
one of the main reasons i stopped doing the mk1 punto was due to rear body corrosion

Back