Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009   #24361
Moderator
 
Andy Monty's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Yorkshire
Posts: 13,913
Thanks: 1168
Trader Rating: 0
Andy Monty has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by StuartH View Post
Idiots who don't know what front fog lights are.

THEY ARE FOG LIGHTS.

They are not to be used except in fog.

It really annoys be being blinded because some d**k thinks it looks cool to use them all the damn time.


It really annoys me when some d**k flashes me when i use mine in really HEAVY rain

you can use them in other situations other than fog......
__________________
What Goes Up Must Come Down.....

Quote Originally Posted by Most Easterly Pandas View Post
Massive gash
Quote Originally Posted by EmmaM88 View Post
Just a little touch up
Andy Monty is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24362
haven't got enough lette
 
Dominion's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,731
Thanks: 11
Trader Rating: 0
Dominion has donated!
Beater Tryouts Champion, Where is the ball Champion, Disc Battle Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mister Fox Champion, Two Ball Pool Champion, Word Up Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, ZNEMBOWL Champion
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by lozzie View Post
I take it your wife stopped laughing long enough to make two babies with you
Nah, I just got her while she was catching her breath between howls of laughter
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Dominion is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24363
42 Wallaby Way Sydney
 
bludvl_x19's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,292
Thanks: 65
Trader Rating: 0
bludvl_x19 has donated!
Australia 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by custard View Post
thats why you all live near the sea in the hope you get washed back
I was sure that it was because once you get too far inland the smell of English backpackers that have been buried in shallow graves gets to you
__________________


Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. ~Albert Einstein
bludvl_x19 is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24364
Autotest Special
 
rallycinq's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 23,469
Thanks: 1149
Blog Entries: 3
Trader Rating: 1
rallycinq has donated!
British Indian Ocean Territories 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I was sure that it was because once you get too far inland the smell of English backpackers that have been buried in shallow graves gets to you
Nasty.......................but still funny!

Cheers

SPD
__________________
rallycinq is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24365
Forum moderator
 
Helz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Carlisle, UK.
Posts: 9,349
Thanks: 55
Trader Rating: 3
Helz has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Monty View Post
It really annoys me when some d**k flashes me when i use mine in really HEAVY rain

you can use them in other situations other than fog......
In really heavy rain they reflect back off the very wet and shiny ground and blind others far more so than in dry conditions where the road isn't as reflective. Dip, don't dazzle

I'm grumpy because there was no first aider on at work, someone bashed their head and I was left to deal with it
__________________
Helz is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24366
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,510
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Monty View Post
It really annoys me when some d**k flashes me when i use mine in really HEAVY rain
rest of us can see fine in heavy rain with out fogs, if you cant then buy new wipers and stop blinding the rest of us
__________________
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”
dave is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24367
Principality Retained :)
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 4,795
Thanks: 12
Blog Entries: 9
Trader Rating: 3
arseofbox has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
I'm grumpy because there was no first aider on at work, someone bashed their head and I was left to deal with it
Might sound silly, but are you expected to do that if you have no training?

I seem to recall from one of the last times I did any first aid training that the stance was 'if you don't understand it, get pro help rather than effect the repair yourself'.

Goes back to professional liability and all that carp, well it could...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

arseofbox is offline
Old 08-10-2009   #24368
Autotest Special
 
rallycinq's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 23,469
Thanks: 1149
Blog Entries: 3
Trader Rating: 1
rallycinq has donated!
British Indian Ocean Territories 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by arseofbox View Post
Might sound silly, but are you expected to do that if you have no training?

I seem to recall from one of the last times I did any first aid training that the stance was 'if you don't understand it, get pro help rather than effect the repair yourself'.

Goes back to professional liability and all that carp, well it could...
The first rule of First Aid is 'Get help'.

Cheers

SPD
__________________
rallycinq is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24369
Forum moderator
 
Helz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Carlisle, UK.
Posts: 9,349
Thanks: 55
Trader Rating: 3
Helz has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by arseofbox View Post
Might sound silly, but are you expected to do that if you have no training?

I seem to recall from one of the last times I did any first aid training that the stance was 'if you don't understand it, get pro help rather than effect the repair yourself'.

Goes back to professional liability and all that carp, well it could...
Technically yes, but how would it look to you if you went shopping in a supermarket, bashed your head on a shelf and NO-ONE was willing to take responsibility for helping? Last time I did any form of training was seven years ago so did the best I could

As far as I can gather, they were grateful SOMEONE did SOMETHING. And I'll be putting in a complaint to to the store manager tomorrow - there should be at least one first aider on every shift, therefore there's zip all guidance on what to do if there isn't one on
__________________
Helz is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24370
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,200
Thanks: 22
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Stupid ****ing idiots at work...had a problem with all our pumps, Pay @ Pump wouldn't work, tried to phone the help desk, but was on hold, so decided to close the station and re-boot the pumps. Put the cones out to stop people coming in, and some idiot gets pass...I go out to say that we've had to close, hence the cones in the road to stop people getting in...he then starts going on about how there are other people in the station, so he should be allowed to fill up...explain to him that we put the cones out when there where in the station, and if I let him fill up, I would have to let everyone else in. Said that there where two stations within a few minutes drive of us, started moaning about having to use a 5p off coupon...told them there was another Tesco near by...to which is wife replied 'but thats miles away'...its around 3 minutes down the dual carriageway...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Kier is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24371
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,510
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
Stupid ****ing idiots at work...had a problem with all our pumps, Pay @ Pump wouldn't work, tried to phone the help desk, but was on hold, so decided to close the station and re-boot the pumps. Put the cones out to stop people coming in, and some idiot gets pass...I go out to say that we've had to close, hence the cones in the road to stop people getting in...he then starts going on about how there are other people in the station, so he should be allowed to fill up...explain to him that we put the cones out when there where in the station, and if I let him fill up, I would have to let everyone else in. Said that there where two stations within a few minutes drive of us, started moaning about having to use a 5p off coupon...told them there was another Tesco near by...to which is wife replied 'but thats miles away'...its around 3 minutes down the dual carriageway...
why coudnt they just wait where they was till you reboot?
__________________
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”
dave is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24372
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,200
Thanks: 22
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
why coudnt they just wait where they was till you reboot?
Didn't know how long we would be shut for, plus, when the cones are across the entrance, it means we're closed, or closing...dont understand why people seem to think its OK for them to come in.

Plus, we tried re-booting first, if that didn't work we would have stayed closed until we got hold of the help desk (I've been on hold for 20 minutes before waiting to speak to someone).
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Kier is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24373
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 92
Thanks: 6
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Monty View Post
It really annoys me when some d**k flashes me when i use mine in really HEAVY rain

you can use them in other situations other than fog......
Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
In really heavy rain they reflect back off the very wet and shiny ground and blind others far more so than in dry conditions where the road isn't as reflective. Dip, don't dazzle
Indeed - they are FOG LIGHTS.
Turn the damn things off unless it's foggy.
Rears you can use in any poor visibility/heavy spray - it is illegal and very dangerous to use fronts in the same conditions.

If you use yours in rain, think yourself lucky the camera's patrol the roads these days and not the Police - cos they're too busy doing paperwork
__________________
[fuelly=uk]21417[/fuelly]
StuartH is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24374
JFL
you penis!!
 
JFL's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: borats house
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 139
Trader Rating: 0
JFL has donated!
Kazakhstan 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by rallycinq View Post
The first rule of First Aid is 'Get help'.

Cheers

SPD
im doing the course atm.... its to approach and assess the situation as well and assure the patient there going to be okay
__________________
FAMILY WAGON..... WITHOUT THE FAMILY
BRAVO 150 MULTIJET DYNAMIC
FANCY A BUM?
JFL is offline
Old 09-10-2009   #24375
JFL
you penis!!
 
JFL's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: borats house
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 139
Trader Rating: 0
JFL has donated!
Kazakhstan 
Re: What's made you grumpy today?

Quote Originally Posted by StuartH View Post
Indeed - they are FOG LIGHTS.
Turn the damn things off unless it's foggy.
Rears you can use in any poor visibility/heavy spray - it is illegal and very dangerous to use fronts in the same conditions.


226

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).



taken from the directgov website..... in my driving test and my recent company driving check by an examiner (a few months ago), i got told that it is legal to use foglights in very heavy rain.... better to be seen then not seen


__________________
FAMILY WAGON..... WITHOUT THE FAMILY
BRAVO 150 MULTIJET DYNAMIC
FANCY A BUM?
JFL is offline
Closed Thread
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's made you smile today? angel Leisure Lounge 31640 12-01-2012 18:18
how it's made Jai Leisure Lounge 33 29-03-2008 18:23
Look what I made Helen100 Leisure Lounge 14 19-07-2007 16:14
i made it here i love my car Newbie Central 4 21-07-2006 12:32
look what i made today gaz.d Leisure Lounge 25 18-10-2004 21:15