Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2009   #1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kernow
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Needing Help Doblo Community

Good Morning to all,

I just purchased my Doblo yesterday after looking for about a year. As you can imagine Ive been looking at all the things I want doing to my Doblo in the time its taken me to buy it.

So if anyone has the time or knowledge to help that would be great. I travel thoughout europe alot due to my job as a Kayak Guide and want to buy;

Roof Rails
Roof Bars but as longs as possible as I will be carring upto 6 boats
Towbar
Blacking out the back windows

If anyone car help with companies or link etc then I would be very grateful. As you can imagine I am totally poor now as all my money went into the car. However if anyone wants to trade me any of the items above I could exchange it for a weekend Kayaking or canoeing either in France, Solvinia, Italy or UK.

Many Thanks Will
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Will K is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-06-2009   #2
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 974
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
RichDoblo120 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by Will K View Post

Roof Rails
Roof Bars but as longs as possible as I will be carring upto 6 boats
Towbar
Blacking out the back windows



Many Thanks Will
Hi Will,
roof rails are a factory fitted option but there are after market ones out there but they are not always good quality.
Direct 4x4 supply them.
The best roof bars are the Fiat aero bars but they are pricey. They do come up on ebay sometimes though.
You can get them much cheaper than these but they are the ones I mean.
There's a thread all about tow bars in the forum. Actually there are a few.
There are sun shades available for the back window if you have the single tailgate version. They are a good fit and look like tinted windows but are removable.
Hope some of this helps.
__________________
Rich

Last edited by RichDoblo120; 14-06-2009 at 13:37.
RichDoblo120 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-06-2009   #3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chingford
Posts: 211
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Obadiah has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Given that the recommeded roof loading for most cars is about 65kg, I would be wary of putting one boat on the roof, but SIX???
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Obadiah is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-06-2009   #4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kernow
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah View Post
Given that the recommeded roof loading for most cars is about 65kg, I would be wary of putting one boat on the roof, but SIX???
Dude each boat weight about 16kg tops! There small plastic kayaks not leisure cruisers.

Cheers for all the help, Will
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Will K is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-06-2009   #5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 974
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
RichDoblo120 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah View Post
Given that the recommeded roof loading for most cars is about 65kg, I would be wary of putting one boat on the roof, but SIX???
I think it's 100kg.
__________________
Rich
RichDoblo120 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-06-2009   #6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kernow
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by RichDoblo120 View Post
I think it's 100kg.
Yeah your right its 100kg, Cheers Will
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Will K is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-06-2009   #7
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bucks
Posts: 4,131
Thanks: 83
Trader Rating: 0
sludgeguts has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by RichDoblo120 View Post
I think it's 100kg.
How did cars cope in scrapyards in the good old days?
I have fond memories of cars stacked 4 high & the part I wanted was always under the bottom car OR I had to perch precariously inside the topmost car as it swayed as a reaction to every little movement I made
__________________
Sick of the constant tax hikes?
See how much it costs you & write to your MP.
http://www.petrolprices.com/itsyourduty/
sludgeguts is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 20-06-2009   #8
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 974
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
RichDoblo120 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeguts View Post
How did cars cope in scrapyards in the good old days?
I have fond memories of cars stacked 4 high & the part I wanted was always under the bottom car OR I had to perch precariously inside the topmost car as it swayed as a reaction to every little movement I made


I've done this too, when I used to have my old Skoda Estelles and my old Peugeot 505.

Hopefully we won't have to do this for a few years...now that we've got super reliable Doblos .
__________________
Rich
RichDoblo120 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-07-2009   #9
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 122
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
Albania 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by Will K View Post
Good Morning to all,

I just purchased my Doblo yesterday after looking for about a year. As you can imagine Ive been looking at all the things I want doing to my Doblo in the time its taken me to buy it.

So if anyone has the time or knowledge to help that would be great. I travel thoughout europe alot due to my job as a Kayak Guide and want to buy;

Roof Rails
Roof Bars but as longs as possible as I will be carring upto 6 boats
Towbar
Blacking out the back windows

If anyone car help with companies or link etc then I would be very grateful. As you can imagine I am totally poor now as all my money went into the car. However if anyone wants to trade me any of the items above I could exchange it for a weekend Kayaking or canoeing either in France, Solvinia, Italy or UK.

Many Thanks Will
I had a lot of these mods on my dobo.

these roof bars work fine, for my dinghys and water tanks up top. just 60.

http://www.maxusracks.co.uk/fiat_dob...ar_systems.asp

For rear privacy in the back two windows, I just cut out thinboard and painted it black. for middle windows, fitted black curtains using luggage straps for rails, which clip round the door plastics, and also the roof holes at rear door.

Towball was on the doblo already. just watch the rear suspension with all that stuff, especially if putting bikes on the towball. I am having to upgrade the rear leafs with spring assisters now, and think the weight has prematurely ruined the rear shocks carrying all this stuff round france.

It works out not much more for spring assisters (160) as it does for new rear shocks.
__________________
My Doblo Motorhome conversion

http://tinyurl.com/d2ynw2e

http://tinyurl.com/c2xvsrj
crinklebender is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-07-2009   #10
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 974
Thanks: 20
Trader Rating: 0
RichDoblo120 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Needing Help Doblo Community

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebender View Post

these roof bars work fine, for my dinghys and water tanks up top. just 60.

http://www.maxusracks.co.uk/fiat_dob...ar_systems.asp
those bars look good, and they're are good price. Fit straight on to the original mounting holes .
__________________
Rich
RichDoblo120 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Gatwick Community rallycinq Leisure Lounge 2 16-12-2008 20:43
(G) Punto Community Captain Mike Punto (Mk2/2b) 45 09-03-2008 17:27
Help needed - community radio Helz Leisure Lounge 1 16-01-2005 18:17
(G) The coupe community awaits...Sammiboo! pinin__prestatyn Coupe 4 04-10-2004 13:42