These car type scammers are getting lazy.

Currently reading:
These car type scammers are getting lazy.

whilst looking for the puntos replacement i came across a fairly cheap, 206 convertible thing, £900 on gumtree, i never dismiss things as too good to be true because i've got 2 cars off there at an amazing price, including my punto for £150.

anyway after seeing it was still there i got this load of old rubbish, if anyone actually fell for it they'd sure qualify to be locked up in some sort of phycological establishment.

i still don't fully understand how it works though :confused:

Hello,

I have received your email regarding my car 2001 Peugeot 206 CC 2.0 SE

The car is in perfect working condition,has no damage, no scratches, no marks or dents on paintwork,no hidden defects. There is no outstanding finance (HPI clear)!It's a UK model (right handed),meets United Kingdom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding UK
Customs policy on receiving the car. It comes with original invoice, log book, keys and all the documents.

The price for the car is £900.00 !!!

The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.

The buyer will receive the car with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it to his name. It have 58,000 miles!
I am in USA right now but the car is in UK and it will be shipped from there.

Shipping will be done whit D.A.S and it will take no more then 2 days,and it will be payed by me!
Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying it, please reply with the following information's:

-Your full name and address;

The transaction will be closed only through eBay vehicle purchase protection so we both be protected.
Also in this way you have the chance to pay after you receive and test the car!
I will look for your email,so that we can move forward with this deal!

Let me know,

I had a funny one today from my university
its on a refund of my deposit, but if you click reply all and a poor bloke sent his details of his bank to everyone on this list.
not a pure scam but the fact a ton of people found out his details

another similar ad popped up and i sent a reply for a laugh, same email address, same type of reply.

Hello,

I have received your email regarding my car 2005 Volkswagen Golf 1.9 TDi GT!

The car is in perfect working condition,has no damage, no scratches, no marks or dents on paintwork,no hidden defects. There is no outstanding finance (HPI clear)!It's a UK model (right handed),meets United Kingdom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding UK.
Customs policy on receiving the car. It comes with original invoice, log book, keys and all the documents.

Here are some details about the car : Reg No: WR05 CNV , MOT: Jun 2011, Road Tax: Feb 2011, Engine Size: 1,896 cc, Power: 105, first reg: 02 Jun 2005, Transmission: Manual, 1Owner, Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof, Tilt Steering Wheel

Here are some pictures with my car : [ame="http://s771.photobucket.com/home/2005-VW-GOLF-TDI/index"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket[/ame]

The price for the car is £1,500.00 !!!

The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.

The buyer will receive the car with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it to his name. It have 123,000 miles!
I am in USA right now but the car is in UK and it will be shipped from there.

Shipping will be done whit D.A.S and it will take no more then 2 days,and it will be payed by me!
Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying it, please reply with the following information's:

-Your full name and address;

The transaction will be closed only through eBay vehicle purchase protection so we both be protected.
Also in this way you have the chance to pay after you receive and test the car!
I will look for your email,so that we can move forward with this deal!

Let me know,
Felicia Diot

Back