Under car camera

Currently reading:
Under car camera

Has anybody bought a camera to fix underneath the car and later watch what's happening while your driving?

I'm thinking it would be useful to track down noises/problems that aren't apparent when the car is still.

Has anybody bought a camera to fix underneath the car and later watch what's happening while your driving?

I'm thinking it would be useful to track down noises/problems that aren't apparent when the car is still.
I did have a kit I bought from an auction of a dealership some years ago that consisted of several sets of microphones and leads that you fixed in various areas to locate noises, the wires all came back to a set of switches and a speaker, it came in a case but I never had a use for it and sold it on.
No cameras though.

There's a gopro camera that gets used for sport that someone attached to the suspension, it looks like the suspension takes a pounding, not sure how useful a camera would be.

There's a gopro camera that gets used for sport that someone attached to the suspension, it looks like the suspension takes a pounding, not sure how useful a camera would be.

Well it certainly showed up the ball joint, I hope he did the CV joint at the same time.:)
Commercial Mot stations have a "shaker plate" that shows up suspension issues, when I had my Ivecos the Council Depot did the testing with them.

you've basically answered your own question here, just tape a go pro to the bottom of your car if you are so inclined to.

I don't think any mechanic worth their salt would muck about with cameras to identify a fault they could find in seconds with a pry bar.

As for that video, if that is how he drives his car about with the CV boot basically ripped all the way round, then I can't imagine he takes much care of the rest of the suspension.

Back