What is your favourite car accessory?

Currently reading:
What is your favourite car accessory?

All european cars have all the holes for towbars when built. EU rules for 40 odd years!
Except those made by Fiat. My Tipo and Tempra had to have the holdes drilled. Same for the Strada. What Fiat did do though is give you the drawings and dimensions of where to drill the holes to fit a Fiat Tow Bar. I seem to recall that Witter and others thought their tow bars were better and in many cases went OTT. Let's pull that Cheiftan Tank.

I was thinking about the accessory thing yesterday, and nominate the secondary door seals I fitted to Noop. In spite of driving through floods and mud nearly up to the wheel tops this winter, cleaning him yesterday the door jambs and reveals were pretty well spotless. The bit of the car I loathe cleaning the mostest! I managed to get County Highways to inspect our road yesterday where their maintenance machine had blocked the drains I dug and have maintained for the last 25 years. We ended up chatting about another local road which they have on their list to tackle. The last time I stupidly went up there is resmebled a river. Im pretty sure without the seals the inside of the car would have got wet. One of those times you realise you made a mistake but its too late to back out! One of the best tenners I have ever spent.

I was thinking about the accessory thing yesterday, and nominate the secondary door seals I fitted to Noop. In spite of driving through floods and mud nearly up to the wheel tops this winter, cleaning him yesterday the door jambs and reveals were pretty well spotless. The bit of the car I loathe cleaning the mostest! I managed to get County Highways to inspect our road yesterday where their maintenance machine had blocked the drains I dug and have maintained for the last 25 years. We ended up chatting about another local road which they have on their list to tackle. The last time I stupidly went up there is resmebled a river. Im pretty sure without the seals the inside of the car would have got wet. One of those times you realise you made a mistake but its too late to back out! One of the best tenners I have ever spent.
Do you have a link for those secondary door seals as my door jams always get mucky & also the bit I hate doing the most 😂 so anything to keep them cleaner would be well worth it

Do you have a link for those secondary door seals as my door jams always get mucky & also the bit I hate doing the most 😂 so anything to keep them cleaner would be well worth it

3M Small D section

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
My favourite car accessory it my -

"ecotek cb-26p"
(Search images in google to see one)

Its my favourite accessory because it makes the car feel like its constantly in sports mode.

It has worked wonders on my 500 pop 1.2

It works by simulating a huge vacuum leak, but only at high vacuum situations.
And thus, it lets a ton of extra air straight into the throttle body that has not had to go through the throttle plate, effectively increasing the maximum possible air flow.

The Car feels much faster now!
Im not sure if it is, but it feels it!!
And i beat a tuned up looking civic in it today, an he was definitely trying! 😊

Did you put the tow bar on yourself? And how much was the equipment and parts?
Sorry for slow reply.
Yes. Not hard at all. Westfalia removable bar stolen at 120. It was priced as a Panda 169 bar! I searched hard by part number, ordered thinking its bound to be wrong and I will have to return it. But it was just a stunning bargain. Plug in electrics were 126 but worth it as nearly all wires just plug into the harneelss.

I just remembered something worthy of being my 'favourite' accessory.. Say what you want about the 500L, but in my eyes, this is real Italian innovation!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 19.42.23.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 19.42.23.png
    3 MB · Views: 12
My favourite is this stick-on roof spoiler.

It seems most new small cars have some sort of roof spoiler built in now, and so they should.

Not really from a styling perspective (although I do think it helps the Panda's looks), but because it's very effective at reducing drag.

My fuel economy improved by about 5% after fitting it, so it's paid for itself. That's really why it's my favourite accessory :D

Attachments

• panda 06.jpg
    panda 06.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 8
I just remembered something worthy of being my 'favourite' accessory.. Say what you want about the 500L, but in my eyes, this is real Italian innovation!!!

All right, that's pretty good. Beats my moka pot balanced on a gas stove in the boot.

Do you have the Panda version of that espresso machine yet @The Panda Nut?

All right, that's pretty good. Beats my moka pot balanced on a gas stove in the boot.

Do you have the Panda version of that espresso machine yet @The Panda Nut?
Still looking. There is a real scarcity of Panda anything. I mean inflatable beach Pandas. Panda bath towels, soaps. Panda kite would be good. You cant even get fitted trays for the spare wheel well. It reminds me I must find the transfers for my umbrella.

Still looking. There is a real scarcity of Panda anything. I mean inflatable beach Pandas. Panda bath towels, soaps. Panda kite would be good. You cant even get fitted trays for the spare wheel well. It reminds me I must find the transfers for my umbrella.
Here, Im not joking, I realky want these things.......lol

Last edited:
Here, Im not joking, I realky wabt these things.......lol
Whilst I was clearing out some of the accumulated ‘it’ll come in handy one day’ car bits, I came across a full set of Panda launch day decals (dealer only), for the mk1/2 (fire engines and omega axle). BIG panda bears and fancy written ones, took them out of the tube and they crumbled like something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I now realise that squatting stuff without using them is as bad as buying a classic and leaving it in the garage!

Is there a Fiat part number for coffee beans?

Oh cripes I never thought of that. That thing's probably wired into the BCM and will throw a fit unless you use genuine FIAT beans - available from your authorised dealer at £400/kilo
Cheapskate. Buy the superior graded beans not the cheap stuff!!

Back