The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

Currently reading:
The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

There seem to be a number of drivers that travel at 45mph regardless of road and limits.
I've encountered a number on A roads where visibility etc is good but then when entering a village etc continue at 45 in the 30 limit.

Can't figure them out at all.

This is categorically my biggest pet peeve.

The most infuriating thing for me is I can't/won't speed to then keep up, which is like a double insult.

This is categorically my biggest pet peeve.

The most infuriating thing for me is I can't/won't speed to then keep up, which is like a double insult.

The worst are the ones who overtake you when you're doing thirty in a thirty zone but then when you overtake them because you're doing sixty in a sixty zone and they're still doing 48.3 you're the maniac and get the kind of torrent of abuse people who say "Jimmy Savile never had a fair trial" receive on (anti)social media.

The worst are the ones who overtake you when you're doing thirty in a thirty zone but then when you overtake them because you're doing sixty in a sixty zone and they're still doing 48.3 you're the maniac and get the kind of torrent of abuse people who say "Jimmy Savile never had a fair trial" receive on (anti)social media.

Well, it's also when they get their car bonnet so far up your boot it's in your passenger seats.

Showed a man once. Moron was so close tailgating me (doing 60 in a 60), so I hit the washer jets. Unfortunately he was in a convertible. :devil:

I agree - it drives you nuts, but you are the one who has slowed down to 30 because you are aware. You are trying to go faster safely (I assume) in the national speed limit zone because you are aware of that speed limit is.
Mr 48.3mph is unaware. Hence he is an idiot amateur and you are a professional driver with pride in your job . Think of it that way and it helps soothe your mind.
Well that's what I try to do anyway, but I admit it isn't always that easy.

I don't think you could have posted two, more conflicting videos, on one hand you hesitate massively and then deliberately move to shut the driver down, and end up getting annoyed that he cuts you up.

The second, you sing your own praises for letting a tractor past, with no other evidence that there would have been any accident other than a van past you.

You should win some sort of award for the most staged/boring dash cam videos

I don't think you could have posted two, more conflicting videos, on one hand you hesitate massively and then deliberately move to shut the driver down, and end up getting annoyed that he cuts you up.

I was more concerned about the silver Passat being a potential lemming and lifted ready to brake. Just as well I did otherwise I would have hit the Punto. Again the wide lens and naff quality doesn't help but there were barely a few inches between the front of my Bravo and the front wing of his.

There seem to be a number of drivers that travel at 45mph regardless of road and limits.
I've encountered a number on A roads where visibility etc is good but then when entering a village etc continue at 45 in the 30 limit.

Can't figure them out at all.

Hate this too.
I once overtook an old fart in doing 45 in a 60. Rapidly passed him as at the time had a celica gt4 with 280hp, so no dramas.
The guy is flashing me and waving. Off I go into the distance.
A mile or so ahead get to a 30, within about 30 seconds he's right behind me.
Stop at a red and he's out of his car to criticise my driving and instructs me to drive to the nearest police station.

The git just couldn't understand how I'd been driving safely and to the law, and how he was the one choosing to drive at 45 in a 60, and then speed in a 30!

They are the same people who hog the middle lane at 55mph.

My celica at the time had a little round bonnet intake right in front of the drivers seat. How I imagined it was a machine gun barrel
IMG_9915_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Just because the limit is 60 or 30 doesn't mean you have to drive at that speed. you can drive at any speed up to the limit as long as it's a safe speed taking everything into account. ( I will now duck down behind the parapet ! )

Just because the limit is 60 or 30 doesn't mean you have to drive at that speed. you can drive at any speed up to the limit as long as it's a safe speed taking everything into account. ( I will now duck down behind the parapet ! )

but driving too slow is just as dangerous

Say 90% think its safe and suitable todo the 60mph speed limit
And you get an old bidder who's doing 40 / 45, he's the one in the wrong imo

I had this once, a country lane which perfectly fine for 50mph even though its a 60
I found an old guy doing 30mph after coming around 1 of the bends and anchored on
followed him the whole distance till it was safe
But still its a **** take

Ziggy

Totally agree, the speed limit sign is not a target speed. There's just no need to flash and harass those who wish to push on within the limits of the road and conditions.

I had another one a few years back. Big straight A road with a middle passing land with oncoming priority.
No one coming so I overtake a chav who was doing 50.
He doesn't like this and decides to chase and flash me.
We drop down to a 40mph which I adhere too. 1/2 a mile on a police car has stopped someone on the other side ( road is now dual carriageway)
Chav behind is totally rubber necking.
I was so tempted to absolutely slam on the anchors and because an imginary fox or cat ran out.
Knowing full well though that even a non fault accident would cost me ££s for the next 5 years , I sensibly drove on. :)

Three of my all time favorite reasons to shove licenses up people's....

...okay family friendly forum. :bang:

1/ Facing oncoming traffic with your headlights on. Lucky it wasn't dark enough to dazzle otherwise I would have got out and turned them off.

2/ Sat for more than a moment with your foot on the brake. Again it was a Citroen Belingo and the handbrake probably didn't work and as the junction he was parked on is completely flat you could well have rolled into the BMW blocking the driveway ahead.

3/ This is a blind junction and every time my local chip shop is open it is effectively blocked by people too lazy to walk more than a few feet.

That's the urine boiling one for me. I could have gone a extra couple of miles to avoid it but why should I have to?

Hi everyone, I've spent more time this week enjoying your videos than I should have. :eek:

We have had a dashcam in our car for about a year, but seen nothing more exciting than a fox dashing across the road lol. Well, we did have one idiot pull out in front of us and then his passenger gave us the finger, but that wasn't captured very well (these super wide angle lenses often make things look really far away).

Anyway, maybe I'll have some interesting footage to share in the future, but for now I'll contribute this screenshot of a courier texting whilst driving earlier today. :D

Attachments

• ukmail-driver-texting.png
    ukmail-driver-texting.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 42
Back