Egypt, the weather and propaganda

Currently reading:
Egypt, the weather and propaganda

It solves the air con problem, plus the clean fresh air of the UK is such a relief after been working in hot and humid countries.

A better question would be why would anyone choose egypt over scotland!! :D

It solves the air con problem, plus the clean fresh air of the UK is such a relief after been working in hot and humid countries.

A better question would be why would anyone choose egypt over scotland!! :D
i understand how people view these countries but your view will change if you chose wisely where to visit in these countries:unsure: and i understand the distorted view from west propaganda media lens:rolleyes: , Egypt is a beautiful vast country but it depends where you live.

i understand how people view these countries but your view will change if you chose wisely where to visit in these countries:unsure: and i understand the distorted view from west propaganda media lens:rolleyes: , Egypt is a beautiful vast country but it depends where you live.
I've worked in many non-western countries in the world with work, usually not near tourist spots (sometimes best described as back of beyond), I really dont have any tainted view of the world.

i understand the distorted view from west propaganda media lens:rolleyes: , Egypt is a beautiful vast country but it depends where you live.
As a westerner in a western country, there is no west propaganda telling us the Egypt is not a beautiful country.

There are however weather reports, and as a Brit. I can tell you that no Brit likes more than a week or two of sun per year and temperatures not to exceed about 25'C

Anything more than that and we complain (and melt) anything more or less than that and we can't stop complaining about it/talking about it.

The British reputation for talking about the weather is 1000% true.

Most English would rather move to Scotland than Egypt because they know that its really not all that different to England, as the saying goes, "its better the devil you know"

As a westerner in a western country, there is no west propaganda telling us the Egypt is not a beautiful country.

There are however weather reports, and as a Brit. I can tell you that no Brit likes more than a week or two of sun per year and temperatures not to exceed about 25'C

Anything more than that and we complain (and melt) anything more or less than that and we can't stop complaining about it/talking about it.

The British reputation for talking about the weather is 1000% true.

Most English would rather move to Scotland than Egypt because they know that its really not all that different to England, as the saying goes, "its better the devil you know"
you might be right about the weather news - i conflicted the politics side of your propaganda driven western media with the weather issue, forgive me.

you might be right about the weather news - i conflicted the politics side of your propaganda driven western media with the weather issue, forgive me.
Last I read it was all pharaohs, mummies and slaves building pyramids, has it changed recently? ;)

I'd love to know what Propaganda you think we're being fed, but maybe that's a discussion for somewhere else on the forum.

Usually Egypt doesn't appear in our news for anything. a quick google for news on Egypt right now here in the UK in order of how they appear on the page
1. Egypt relies on imported wheat...
2. I visited Egypt for a dream holiday turned out to be the worst trip ever (this is in the daily mail so automatically doesn't qualify as news)
3 a family got stuck in Egypt because of UK air traffic control issues.
4. BP plans to drill for gas in Egypt.
5. Diver Vanishes after driving into a 400ft underwater cave in Egypt.

The main "propaganda" I would see in the news right now (if you can call it that) is news about Donald trump, A cruise ship parked in Cornwall in the south of England and upset all the locals...... and depending on the day of the week, something blew up in Ukraine, Russia or both.

For the most part our TV is not feeding us a stream of anti {insert country here} at all.

I'd love to know what Propaganda you think we're being fed, but maybe that's a discussion for somewhere else on the forum.

Usually Egypt doesn't appear in our news for anything. a quick google for news on Egypt right now here in the UK in order of how they appear on the page
1. Egypt relies on imported wheat...
2. I visited Egypt for a dream holiday turned out to be the worst trip ever (this is in the daily mail so automatically doesn't qualify as news)
3 a family got stuck in Egypt because of UK air traffic control issues.
4. BP plans to drill for gas in Egypt.
5. Diver Vanishes after driving into a 400ft underwater cave in Egypt.

The main "propaganda" I would see in the news right now (if you can call it that) is news about Donald trump, A cruise ship parked in Cornwall in the south of England and upset all the locals...... and depending on the day of the week, something blew up in Ukraine, Russia or both.

For the most part our TV is not feeding us a stream of anti {insert country here} at all.
Most of the news fed to westerns about other none western country's is bad or can i say focus on bad things with bad images that portray them in an Un honest way, you might think its normal, but when a simple driven word from a political opponent gather people into vote, things change drastically and it starts with sanctions sometime it evolve into wars, my grand dad had always told us about foreign army's and what war means and how it's devastating, he used to work in one of their machine gun factory's that's why he was good at English language, this is not the place for a that, but be very carful with what you see in the media and have an understanding that they work for the most powerful amongst you not for the people they trying to control to vote. sorry for the rant, i respect your patience.

Last I heard of Egypt in the news was the major revolutions and army killing civilians trying to overthrow the government, but that was a few years ago, nothing really since.

Last I heard of Egypt in the news was the major revolutions and army killing civilians trying to overthrow the government, but that was a few years ago, nothing really since.
was that not turkey in 2016? I say this because I was away in France at the time and saw it on French TV and my brother was due to go to turkey the next week.

Most of the news fed to westerns about other none western country's is bad or can i say focus on bad things with bad images that portray them in an Un honest way, you might think its normal, but when a simple driven word from a political opponent gather people into vote, things change drastically and it starts with sanctions sometime it evolve into wars, my grand dad had always told us about foreign army's and what war means and how it's devastating, he used to work in one of their machine gun factory's that's why he was good at English language, this is not the place for a that, but be very carful with what you see in the media and have an understanding that they work for the most powerful amongst you not for the people they trying to control to vote. sorry for the rant, i respect your patience.
The thing is, we get taught about propaganda in school. currently reports coming from places like the ukraine will say at the end of them something along the lines of "this information has been provided by..... which ever country, and has not been independently verified.
The huge majority of people don't watch the news but if they did currently the main issue is some bad concrete being used in schools.

I think its is fair to say that you may have been fed a somewhat distorted idea of what we get subjected to here, but don't take my word for it, feel free to visit and you'll see that TV here as well as news papers and the media in general does not consist of millions of articles telling us what's wrong in other countries.

We're British and far more interested in moaning about what's wrong in our own country, which is everything.

was that not turkey in 2016? I say this because I was away in France at the time and saw it on French TV and my brother was due to go to turkey the next week.
Maybe 10 years ago, I forget that covid wiped out a few years and affects my memory recall of things.

We're British and far more interested in moaning about what's wrong in our own country, which is everything.
Not really, as soon as something genuinely serious comes about then they fling nonsense in the news, harry is upset, meghan snubs the queen,.... and every time the UK public fall for the dead cat on the table.

A prime example, and one of the best things I've heard vordermann say:

The thing is, we get taught about propaganda in school. currently reports coming from places like the ukraine will say at the end of them something along the lines of "this information has been provided by..... which ever country, and has not been independently verified.
The huge majority of people don't watch the news but if they did currently the main issue is some bad concrete being used in schools.

I think its is fair to say that you may have been fed a somewhat distorted idea of what we get subjected to here, but don't take my word for it, feel free to visit and you'll see that TV here as well as news papers and the media in general does not consist of millions of articles telling us what's wrong in other countries.

Thats true but the effect it has on people is powerful, Western propaganda is still Fascistic in essence, in the sense that projecting strength and the perception of overpowering your foes, are unabashedly favored, often at the expense of their humanity. A form of self-gratification propaganda, Ukraine is a good example.

The problem with the UK re propaganda is English exceptionalism ie everything in England is and has been amazing and everywhere else is **** which is patently untrue but the English generally believe this crap much like Americans.

Back