Multiecuscan and Suzuki - coverage

Currently reading:
Multiecuscan and Suzuki - coverage

Well folks, with it looking quite likely that my older boy's Punto will be declared to be "beyond economic repair" due to his recent no fault "incident" I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a possible replacement to act as his getting to work car. There's a possibility that a Suzuki Splash 1.2, owned by an elderly neighbour, may become available soon as he's thinking of giving up driving. Ever since my daughter owned a Swift I've been quite impressed with Suzuki so this car interests me.

I'm aware that my version 3.8 of MES lists the SX4 but only with diesel engine. Does any later versions of MES give coverage for the Splash?

There’s no Fiat crossover with Suzuki except for those with the diesel engines and the SX4/Sedici…last time I looked at the list anyway

I'd wonder as to how useful it would be anyway, similar to many cheap Japanese cars of the era I'd be surprised if it was canbus my Swift gave every impression of being direct wired...

Effectively if the engine light comes on..there's about 4 things it can be one of 2 sensors, a loose fuel cap/evap fault or a gasket leak somewhere if memory serves.

I used to get the splash as a courtesy car back in the day and they were quite good fun if memory serves in a "no one expects to see this go past on the door handles nutting the limiter" way.

Last edited:
I'd wonder as to how useful it would be anyway, similar to many cheap Japanese cars of the era I'd be surprised if it was canbus my Swift gave every impression of being direct wired...

Effectively if the engine light comes on..there's about 4 things it can be one of 2 sensors, a loose fuel cap/evap fault or a gasket leak somewhere if memory serves.

I used to get the splash as a courtesy car back in the day and they were quite good fun if memory serves in a "no one expects to see this go past on the door handles nutting the limiter" way.
The simplicity quite appeals. It doesn't need to be at all sophisticated as it's only mostly running him to his work and home. Anyway, a lot will depend on the car itself, which I haven't even seen yet although Mrs J's sister has the Vauxhall version - Agila - but it's an auto, believe it or not an "honest" old style torque converter 'box, hurrah! and I think it qualifies for the £35 road tax?

Well folks, with it looking quite likely that my older boy's Punto will be declared to be "beyond economic repair" due to his recent no fault "incident" I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a possible replacement to act as his getting to work car. There's a possibility that a Suzuki Splash 1.2, owned by an elderly neighbour, may become available soon as he's thinking of giving up driving. Ever since my daughter owned a Swift I've been quite impressed with Suzuki so this car interests me.

I'm aware that my version 3.8 of MES lists the SX4 but only with diesel engine. Does any later versions of MES give coverage for the Splash?
I love Suzuki but cant forget soemone at work waiting many months for vital parts, so Im not sure I will actually ever own one.

The simplicity quite appeals. It doesn't need to be at all sophisticated as it's only mostly running him to his work and home. Anyway, a lot will depend on the car itself, which I haven't even seen yet although Mrs J's sister has the Vauxhall version - Agila - but it's an auto, believe it or not an "honest" old style torque converter 'box, hurrah! and I think it qualifies for the £35 road tax?

I'd be surprised if the Suzuki did...

They were one of the last manufacturers to cotton on to just bald face lying about emissions so the Swift had emissions somewhere in the region of 160g/km which would make it nearly 200 quid a year at current rates but you could actually achieve the quoted mpg.

The diesels were 35 quid as it was Fiat engine and Fiat wasn't unaware of that sort of thing.

All Suzuki autos were torque converter..when combined with the 1.5 in the swift the tax bill was epic for the class.

Edit: looked it up the Splash released in 2008 was 30 quid tax...however the 2005 swift.. absolutely not.

Last edited:
I love Suzuki but cant forget soemone at work waiting many months for vital parts, so Im not sure I will actually ever own one.
I'd be surprised if the Suzuki did...

They were one of the last manufacturers to cotton on to just bald face lying about emissions so the Swift had emissions somewhere in the region of 160g/km which would make it nearly 200 quid a year at current rates but you could actually achieve the quoted mpg.

The diesels were 35 quid as it was Fiat engine and Fiat wasn't unaware of that sort of thing.

All Suzuki autos were torque converter..when combined with the 1.5 in the swift the tax bill was epic for the class.

Edit: looked it up the Splash released in 2008 was 30 quid tax...however the 2005 swift.. absolutely not.
Hmm. Lots of stuff for me to look into then. Thanks folks. Mind you, he's still going to give it a go living with just the Kia and I don't think the Suzuki owner is looking to get rid of the Splash tomorrow either.

Back