Technical Lowering my stilo

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering my stilo

I shall be lowering the suspension on my 1.2 in the next few months (cash allowing of course) and was going to go for the Sportline springs with the Pro dampers, all from Eibach. However, I am tempted to get the Bilstein dampers as I've heard good things from other people with an Eibach/Bilstein combination. Of course, the Schumacher GP had this set up and worked pretty well.

Any thoughts on this though? Would it be worth investing in the more expensive dampers?

I do have to say though, I only want RGZ to look lower and roll a lot less into corners. If spending the extra money isn't going to make a disearnable difference, I guess there wouldn't be much of a point.

I shall be lowering the suspension on my 1.2 in the next few months (cash allowing of course) and was going to go for the Sportline springs with the Pro dampers, all from Eibach. However, I am tempted to get the Bilstein dampers as I've heard good things from other people with an Eibach/Bilstein combination. Of course, the Schumacher GP had this set up and worked pretty well.

Any thoughts on this though? Would it be worth investing in the more expensive dampers?

I do have to say though, I only want RGZ to look lower and roll a lot less into corners. If spending the extra money isn't going to make a disearnable difference, I guess there wouldn't be much of a point.

Just a word of caution, the Sportline springs will lower the car to the point that you are at risk over speed bumps etc and the ride will be very firm. Pro-kit springs will give you significant lowering and all the reduction in roll you'll need IMO. Only downside of Bilstein dampers is the price, which will, I think, be somewhat higher than the Eibach dampers (though I haven't checked lately).

Just a word of caution, the Sportline springs will lower the car to the point that you are at risk over speed bumps etc and the ride will be very firm. Pro-kit springs will give you significant lowering and all the reduction in roll you'll need IMO. Only downside of Bilstein dampers is the price, which will, I think, be somewhat higher than the Eibach dampers (though I haven't checked lately).

Yeah, I've checked out the Bilstein dampers. They're priced by the pair front and rear (unless I'm looking at the wrong one's) and if memory serves, it'll work out around £100 more expensive. Tempted to spend the extra cash as they do have a great rep. That said, the Eibach dampers aren't exactly shabby.

I think my car can cope with the Sportlines and from what I hear, the 1.2 will never be lowered the full 50mm by them. Think 45mm or something was mentioned somewhere. Not too fussed by the ride nor the ride height. If I were going any lower than 50mm, perhaps, thankfully it's more bumps than speedbumps around where I stay :)

ok Guys and gals,

i forgot to tell you i ordered my springs, i have gone for a 40mm drop, so in reality i will probably get a 33mm drop...

these are what i have decided on, they are on there way from Germany, maybe a 2 week wait....

maybe you guys know them???

here is the link, i will put up some before and after pictures when i fit them:)

http://www.lowtec.eu/index.html

thanks for all your help and advice peeps :)

ok Guys and gals,

i forgot to tell you i ordered my springs, i have gone for a 40mm drop, so in reality i will probably get a 33mm drop...

these are what i have decided on, they are on there way from Germany, maybe a 2 week wait....

maybe you guys know them???

here is the link, i will put up some before and after pictures when i fit them:)

http://www.lowtec.eu/index.html

thanks for all your help and advice peeps :)

nobody seen lowtec before then? :(

Hi Peeps,

Just thought i would let you know i finally (after a 6 week delivery wait !!!) got my new springs, i opted for 40mm drop all round in the end.

I will take a picture when i wash the car to show you all.

I got the lowtec springs in the end, they come in WHITE, they look good and great quality and ride, made a real difference to the car.

i also put them on myself, took me 2.30 to do all 4, not bad for a first attempt :)

thanks for all your help and advice guys :)

next weekend i will be changing my wheels from silver to black :) i will post them up to..

all the best, james.

Surely lowering it by 40mm will mean you wont be able to see your white springs?! Mine were red - but they're now black (dirt not paint!) - just so if Mr Police has a look he'll think they're standard......

Surely lowering it by 40mm will mean you wont be able to see your white springs?! Mine were red - but they're now black (dirt not paint!) - just so if Mr Police has a look he'll think they're standard......

well yes i cant see them, but they looked cool, i have only seen red before...mee likes the white :)

i am sure mine will be black in a few days in this weather :)

Back