Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2015   #1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,981
Thanks: 67
Trader Rating: 1
United Kingdom 
New Tipo?

https://www.facebook.com/AutoMoto.it...8715667536446/

Probably not coming to a showroom near us any time soon but looks more inline than the Stilo ever did.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Liquid Knight is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-11-2015   #2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 19,856
Thanks: 708
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Knight View Post
https://www.facebook.com/AutoMoto.it...8715667536446/

Probably not coming to a showroom near us any time soon but looks more inline than the Stilo ever did.
boring EURO BOX
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-11-2015   #3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,981
Thanks: 67
Trader Rating: 1
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Struck me as a bit of a Focus/C'eed/Astra with a Fiat twist. At least the sat' nav' and stuff from the 500 range are there.

This is the bread and butter stuff Fiat used to be good at. I like the return of the Tempra-esque roof lines.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Liquid Knight is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-11-2015   #4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,165
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

It's a shame that probably won't be coming to the UK, looks like a really nice car!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-11-2015   #5
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 228
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
It's a shame that probably won't be coming to the UK, looks like a really nice car!

September 2016 ...several sources ;-)
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

quotethepigeon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-11-2015   #6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,165
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by quotethepigeon View Post
September 2016 ...several sources ;-)
If it is sold in the UK, fingers crossed it's a success! I really wish Fiat could really make their presence felt here. The roads are drowning in dull fords, and other ugly boxes. It's really depressing, lol! We need more Italian style!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-11-2015   #7
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 109
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

That new Tipo isn't a real looker tbh.

Front end is a cross between a Hyundai & BMW. Back end is okay...side profile is a massive let down really. Interior looked simplistic and cheap.

It'll appeal to some markets, but I don't think it looks like a contender here...
Likes varesecrazy liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Edwardo85 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-11-2015   #8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 19,856
Thanks: 708
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by puntofan01 View Post
If it is sold in the UK, fingers crossed it's a success! I really wish Fiat could really make their presence felt here. The roads are drowning in dull fords, and other ugly boxes. It's really depressing, lol! We need more Italian style!
UK has never had a good selling fiat above 1242cc - without proper sporting pretensions ( Coupe / Strada 105/130)

yes - you'll have noticed how long ago those models stopped.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-11-2015   #9
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norfolk UK
Posts: 9,538
Thanks: 421
Blog Entries: 8
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo85 View Post
That new Tipo isn't a real looker tbh.



Front end is a cross between a Hyundai & BMW. Back end is okay...side profile is a massive let down really. Interior looked simplistic and cheap.



It'll appeal to some markets, but I don't think it looks like a contender here...

I totally agree with this statement. It's very generic when looked at along side the likes of Hyundai and Kia, even Nissan, the wheels look like they came straight off the Qashqai I had a couple of weeks back.

I also note quite a few controls and switches ripped straight from other fiat models so for current fiat owners it's going to feel very cheap and under developed
__________________
Maker and voice behind the YouTube channel PuntoHowTo 10k subscribers canít be wrong

And now the owner of a shiny new PuntoHowTo Drivetribe
AndyRKett is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-11-2015   #10
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,165
Thanks: 44
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by varesecrazy View Post
UK has never had a good selling fiat above 1242cc - without proper sporting pretensions ( Coupe / Strada 105/130)

yes - you'll have noticed how long ago those models stopped.
You've forgotten the 1368cc engine popular in the Grande/Evo/Punto and 500, lol!

I know it wouldn't be a best seller, but it would be nice if they at least had a car in the focus/Astra class. It's a shame the Bravo was largely ignored. For a small family car, they looked great!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

puntofan01 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-11-2015   #11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 228
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New Tipo?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRKett View Post
I totally agree with this statement. It's very generic when looked at along side the likes of Hyundai and Kia, even Nissan, the wheels look like they came straight off the Qashqai I had a couple of weeks back.

I also note quite a few controls and switches ripped straight from other fiat models so for current fiat owners it's going to feel very cheap and under developed
you know this is exactly what miffed me with the new £36k Abarth 695 Biposto ..... the window buttons are the same in my old panda dynamic.....what a con!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

quotethepigeon is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-12-2015   #12
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Longford
Posts: 68
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
Ireland 
Re: New Tipo?

I really like the look of the new Tipo, think it actually looks upmarket (odd considering its supposed to be a budget motor!)
__________________
Fiat Bravo, Fiat 500, Alfa GTV - an all Italian house!
marktoby is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump