DSCF13611.jpg

Seicento Zippy!!.

Introduction

finally got some pics sorted of my first seicento, hes a 899 sx with BIG plans :D

already done:

sporting front seats
fresh headgasket
full cat back powerflow system from a cinq sporting
35mm apex springs
abarth spoiler
black headlight mod

to come:

a set of 15" 7 spoke brava alloys (pics to follow)
full respray in capri blue (removing any knocks and dints along the way)
full polybush kit
gt front and rear brake conversion
full sporting loom transfer ready for a possible 1.4 16v conversion in a year or so (maybe a winter project (y)

He has a bit of a scrape on the front bumper but that will be changed for a sporting one before the planned respray so not too worrying at the moment

new seats front and rear £20 bargain from the local breakers (y)

Re: Zippy!!

Is it just the picture or does that bonnet have a dent in it above the badge smoothing?

yea there is a dent above the badge but that has been filled along with the welds over the brows

im a bit unsure about it the drop in the center was going to be 1.1/2 inch but my friend that made it said it looked too much so he took it down to 1.1/4 inch drop

still not bad for £55 its now ready to be picked up all the dents and marks are removed and its ready for priming (y)

hopefully see some results in the next few weeks

also i need some opinions, im thinking of doing the bonnet and roof gloss black but i dont want it to look tacky

thoughts and opinions welcome

Cheers

Lee

Last edited:

i was under the impression that the punto 60 1242 lump was the one that would be easiest to fit or is it a similar engine??

so why not use the 75 engine?

The Punto 75 engine does look a better starting point than the 60 at first glance. It offers more bhp and torque, and it's the same size as the 60 engine, so why not use it?
Simple answer is that the cylinder head is designed to take the Punto 75 intake manifold with four fuel injectors as opposed to the Cento's one mounted in the throttle body. The bolt spacing on the head just doesn't match up, so your cento intake manifold and throttle body won't bolt up. You could fit the Punto 75 manifold, but to make it work with multi point injection you would need to have the Punto 75 ecu and engine bay wiring loom mated up to your cento - not too easy as the Punto ecu's sit on the opposite side of the engine bay or use a seperate ECU such as megasquirt but thats a lot more work & cost.
Getting the throttle cable matched up again might be tricky too.
The 75's ecu and injectors need to be supplied with between 2.5 and 3.5 bar of fuel pressure (depending on year of donor car) as opposed to the 1.0 bar that the Centos run at - something which you will need to address.

The 75 engine has a slightly hotter cam than standard, allegedly the same as Novitec offer for 1108's as a fast road option. if you're keen you could buy a 75 engine then do a mix n'match - 75 engine block +Cento head and 75 cam.

do not use the Punto 75 intake manifold with a SPI unit. we have it on good authority from Yannina and Smokeme who have tried it that this manifold is what's called a 'dry' one - it's not supposed to have fuel in it and it will suffer from fuel pooling and poor running. It will work, the car will run, but not at all well.

Last edited:

do not use the Punto 75 intake manifold with a SPI unit. we have it on good authority from Yannina and Smokeme who have tried it that this manifold is what's called a 'dry' one - it's not supposed to have fuel in it and it will suffer from fuel pooling and poor running. It will work, the car will run, but not at all well.

not sure on the rest but this quoted bit does not matter as this is a mk1 75 engine and is already a single point injection engine! (y)

Eerm... 75's are Multi Point Injection.
yea that is clearly what the faq says, i think ill stick with the 60 lump as it is my first conversion and it will all be a learning curve for me so i dont want to be trying new things just want to achieve my first conversion,then maybe in a year or so time get a little more complex with a 16v engine.

again cheers for the thought smokey

Lee

YAAAABAAAA DAAABAAA DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

ok so ive tracked down a 8v'er and am going to pick it up next friday

ive managed to get the engine,loom, box,ecu and shafts for a grand total of...... £200 from a punto 60 sx

116000 miles on it but the engine will be rebuilt anyway before it goes in
also im in talks with someone from the forum that has a few bits im after including

40mm tb + spacer
gsr head and induction kit
421 manifold
uno inlet
and a few other little goodies

will update as soon as i can :D

cheers
Lee

Will be interested to see how this engine swap goes, hoping to do the same conversion but in my 899 cinq!

Good luck!

Chris

ok guys just a quick question opinion post

ive seen this
s411.jpg

and now im toying with the black bonnet idea with black wheels and my already painted black mirrors

just after your thoughts and opinions

black bonnet or blue bonnet???

Cheers

Lee

keep it a sleeper i plan to convert my cinq to a 1242 8v so will be watching this closely :D

i like the sleeper look nut the wheels i have are 15s so there wont be much of a sleeper look about it (also its not going to be stupidly quick) the theme is black and blue i have ps'd a few pictures and im really liking the blue with black bonnet but im unsure,

cheers

Lee

i like the sleeper look nut the wheels i have are 15s so there wont be much of a sleeper look about it (also its not going to be stupidly quick) the theme is black and blue i have ps'd a few pictures and im really liking the blue with black bonnet but im unsure,

cheers

Lee
If you like it, do it! You shouldnt care what other people think, modifying is about what you think looks good and a phrase that is used often is "f**k the haters" so if anyone doesnt like it, who cares! (y)

The paint is 30quid for 2litres it's a high gloss 1k paint,I don't like the idea of vinyl at the moment but I'll see what happens come Friday hopefully get the bonnet and wheels painted at the weekend if not at least primed and prepped ready for it

Cheers

Lee

get yourself a spare bonnet, i had three bonnets for my cinq at one point, one to test, one on the car and one for the final job:)

Back