DSCF13611.jpg

Seicento Zippy!!.

Introduction

finally got some pics sorted of my first seicento, hes a 899 sx with BIG plans :D

already done:

sporting front seats
fresh headgasket
full cat back powerflow system from a cinq sporting
35mm apex springs
abarth spoiler
black headlight mod

to come:

a set of 15" 7 spoke brava alloys (pics to follow)
full respray in capri blue (removing any knocks and dints along the way)
full polybush kit
gt front and rear brake conversion
full sporting loom transfer ready for a possible 1.4 16v conversion in a year or so (maybe a winter project (y)

He has a bit of a scrape on the front bumper but that will be changed for a sporting one before the planned respray so not too worrying at the moment

new seats front and rear £20 bargain from the local breakers (y)

Re: Zippy!!

Not alot !!! lol i think they have around 34bhp (correct me if I'm wrong) but the car feels alot better again :) was kind of convinced to take it out as when I went into a corner after I little rain I ended doing a 4 wheel sideways slide across the road :( but now all is good and zippy is back to normal I need to shoot off down the scrappie 2moro to get some new bolts for the rear seats and belts then i'll see what to do next

Cheers

Lee

Well an spi sporting cento is 54bhp when stock and new. The 1.4 16v engines are around 100bhp, actual figure depends on what the donor vehicle is & the final setup - clearly exhausts and other parts need changing to fit in a sei or cinq ;)

But when you bear in mind my 1.1 8v turbo is around 100bhp you begin to realise why the 1.4 conversion makes sense. My turbo requires muchos servicing, love & attention and it drinks fuel like a chav slag drinks alcopops. Whereas the 1.4 is still essentially a standard engine so reliable, cheap to service and will do huge mpg in a light car like a cento. Although they will never have the same torque figures as turbo cars..

Last edited:

Ok so first update in a while,

I've got hold of a sei sporting rev counter and followed the instuctions in the guide to fit but to no avail, I found a connected behind the centre air blowers and assumed that was the kiddy I needed but connecting it up didn't do a thing (apart from the backlight coming on with the lights in the rev counter) I tested all of the voltages today and the signal wire to the connecter block at the back of the heater fan is reading 14v plus (light blue wire) when the engine is running all othe wires read as they should, so I connected the rev counter up to the black/violet wire straight from pin 23 and wired it in the way The guide states, again to no avail,

Does anyone have any clues on what I may be doing wrong, this is my third counter and none of them have worked, I've connected them all up the hard wired way and through the connecter block under the dash and not one of them have even twitched,

This is really frustrating me now as it seemed like it would be a easy job,

Anyone know if there was a difference between the black faced rev counter and the white faced item as I have only tried the white faced one

Any help would be great

Cheers guys

Lee

black / white faces are just differences between mk1 and mk2 models, should be any different wiring-wise...

and the black bonnet i dont own anymore, as its on my old sei which got scrapped, but i know they still have it at the scrapyard, where abouts are you based?

Ahhh I can't get my head round what could be wrong ive tested the wire from the ecu (purple & black wire) and I'm getting the right readings from there,I've put a wire directly from the battery +ve to the red/black wire and the illumination wire, and earthed it directly to the battery then tested everything once was connected and everything was reaching and going through the laminated board into the mechanism just seems nothing happening in the mechanism ????

Sorry if I'm missing something but it's getting to me now :(

Any help would be great and other ways of testing the clock to see if it's duff,I've done the 12v+ve to the signal wire and nothing happened

Noshercento: I'm based in (not so) great Yarmouth in Norfolk

Cheers in advance

Lee

Last edited:

Right finally got something done today :)

I managed to get a half decent bonnet from the scrappy ready to give make into a badboy bonnet (y)

Also I got happy with a tin of tinting spray on the rear lights and the front indicators

I'm very happy with the result and I'll put up some pictures tomorrow when I have 5 mins to get the camera out

Cheers

Lee

Finally found someone to make my bonnet up for me for a reasonable price will see how it comes out and will hopefully have some pics up mid way through next week also if anyone is interested in a batboy bonnet I'm sure I can get them done nice and cheaply

Also I may have gotten happy with the grinder today and cut the cat out :) throttle is alot more responsive and there is a little more power there and I've finally achieved the lovely but more importantly quiet rasp that I've been trying to get for months

Pics to follow next week and maybe even a vid of the exhaust :)

Cheers

Lee

Sounds like its going well

Strip the car out now, honestly it will feel like a completely different car, a lot more responsive and picks up a lot quicker...
And there's not much to it either :D

Headlining out, all carpets out, rear bench, door cards and shelf out, all under carpet sound deadening out, spare wheel out, replace with a can of tyre weld :D

That's what I did to my sporting, could keep up with the big boys then!

Sounds like its going well

Strip the car out now, honestly it will feel like a completely different car, a lot more responsive and picks up a lot quicker...
And there's not much to it either :D

Headlining out, all carpets out, rear bench, door cards and shelf out, all under carpet sound deadening out, spare wheel out, replace with a can of tyre weld :D

That's what I did to my sporting, could keep up with the big boys then!

i had it stripped out for a few months and and it was getting too noisy for just day to day use for me, i had the big boot build too and that was to heavy for the car, so ive decided to just put everything back in for now not that anyone can get in the back as im 6ft6 but the noise is alot better and the exhaust has a lovely rasp to it now rather than the stupidly loud boy racer noise it used to have

as i said i will see if i can get a video of the sound now its de-catted :D

Cheers
Lee

Yeah i have decat'd my van, which is a 2.2td vito. Just one silencer on it, sounds awesome (for a deisel lol)

de-wiper? cheap cheap mod that looks cool. Just need a grommet for the hole

been thinking about the de-wiper and i know that itll tidy the rear end up i kinda like having it there and being able to clear the rear when i have to reverse into the missus driveway, but then again if i go dark on the back when the windows are tinted i wont be able to see out in the dark any way, hmm will have to see what happens with that one

cheers
Lee

I've got limo tint on mine and vision out thee rear is perfectly fine . . . In daylight Night time however is looks driving a van andd takes a while to get used to and de wipering is fine as long as you polish and 'rain "X" ' rear window.

Back