Grande Punto Ysidfa's 1.2 8v Active (Kevin)

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Ysidfa's 1.2 8v Active (Kevin)

Hey guys,
Ive been on the site a while but Ive not really had the chance to post that much. So.. Ive just decided to finnaly make a MM thread :D

So hears the situation...
Ive had my grande since January and Ive not really spent that much money on it so far due to lack of funds. (damn petrol and insurance being so expensive :'()
This is its current state (minus FF stickers ;))

garage_vehicle-3789-12994199061.jpg

Interior
garage_attachment.php

Mtec Sidelights
garage_attachment.php

Red footwell lights (both sides)
garage_attachment.php

Modifications To Date:
  • Kenwood KVC BT50u head unit
  • Red LED footwell lights
  • Mtec xenon sidelights
  • Carbon Fibre wrapped fascia adaptor (not shown)
Modifications todo:
  • Fly eye kit front,back and repeaters.
  • White wing mirror covers
  • White/Red door handles (not sure)
  • FK debadged grill
  • White Headlight bulbs (Osram Nightbreakers)
  • Perlescent indicator bulbs
  • JL 12W0v2 subwoofer (+ required amp and wiring)
Thats all I can think of for now. Obvisously nothing worth doing under the hood as its only a 1.2 8v. If theres anything else anyone can recommend then let me know. The reason why the usual "lower and alloys" isnt on there as Im currently saving for a Tjet/Mjet (not sure atm) so they can wait to suit the car I eventually buy, plus all of the modifications (bar wing mirror covers and handles) can be reverted.

Cheers for reading
feel free to critisize/comment :D
Tom
x

Quick Update:

So.... After running "Kev" for almost a year now everything is going great.
Not really changed or modified anything yet as my pay rise has only just kicked in :D
So within the next couple of months Ill try and get some of my planned modifications done.

Heres a "draft" list of mods I am planning:

Exterior
- Osram Cool Blue H4 headlight bulbs
- Osram Diadem Indicator bulbs
- Window tinting (80% on rear 3)
- Sporting Tail gate spoiler
- Repair bumper crack/scuff
- Repair small dent on driver rear door frame
- Try and get my hands on some OEM alloys

Interior
- OEM Head unit fascia
- Leather gear knob
- Glow in the dark FF stickers :slayer:
- Carbon Wrap dash
- Red silver strips above dash bar (not 100% sure)

Engine
- GSR Induction kit (hopefully)
- Basic Service at 36k Miles
- MOT Due after christmas

Thats all I can think of atm.

Would appreciate feedback if anyone is interested :)
Cheers
Tom

I have seen them on the classifieds but theyre a wee bit out of my price range :'(

Unless you wanna do me a special deal ;)

Cheers for the feedback guys
Much Love
Tom

sportlines and abarth headlights (y)

I have acutally seen some Abarth H/L's for just under £200 with free delivery, and Until i get alloys Im gonna hold off on the Sportlines.
Still highly considering going for an upgrade after christmas. Seen a lovely Grande GP 1.4 8v for sale 59 reg with 15k for a decent price.
I would love a t-jet or a new m-jet (1.6) but insurance is stupid :(

Cheers
Tom

Small update:
Spent some christmas pennies on a few rattle cans and painted my top grill matt black with a few clear coats. Looks tons better as it doesnt contrast the bottom grill any more. And from about 3m away, it just looks standard :D
Red Fiat badges installed at the same time, along with a good wash polish and wax, and Gtechniq G1 on the front, front side windows and rear :D
Osram cool blue Intense bulbs installed too, alot of people dont like them, but they match my Mtec sidelights well.

Will get some pics up soon :)

Insurance is paid for 2012 and got a alright deal and my insurer now allows modifications, so this is the year ;)

Cheers
Tom

Its been a while buy a tiny update is due :)

Cars been well looked after (minus hitting a badger last year :( ) Been to a few meet and AI and MIT car next weekend :D
Got my hand in at detailing (exterior more than interior) so bought some decent supplies, Shampoos, waxes, pre-wax cleaners, Clay, Polish and trim restorers.

Got into the routine of washing and waxing every weekend to get a decent protective coat going

This was the beading BEFORE I washed it yesterday!
IMG_20120729_093629.JPG

(taken on a camera phone)

Managed to get a OEM fascia surround from Shop4Parts a couple of months back so my centre console is looking swish :)

Unfortunately, the Grande is soon to make way for something else. Will be keeping that quiet though ;)

Tom

Back