General Yet another panda joins!!!

Currently reading:
General Yet another panda joins!!!

The white panda is home..(y)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All good...no dramas on the way back...210mls...no prob.
A few very minor bits of rust.
Engine,gearbox,clutch...all very good.
Sunroofs bloody perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
Sills been welded. Not a great job done,but ok.
Doors a bit knackered..(Want to sell yours MEP????? lol )

T-cut and polish next..All in all a great car.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just one thing..Its much quicker than my Parade???????????????????
Kept thinking something was a miss with her!!!!!???

Any ideas anyone or is the carb quicker than the injection + cat???????????

kev

My previous Panda was a 750 Fantasia. Completely mechanical - carburettor, points, distributor etc. When it was tuned up and running properly, it went like a bat of hell.. figuratively speaking, of course :p. No rev counter, but by ear I think it would rev to 6 and half, maybe 7 downhill.. :D

The Parade is a much more civilised affair altogether, what with the cat, fuel injection and so on. There's no choke to bugger about with, it always starts first turn of the key.. but it's missing a little bit of the character of the old one, and runs out of puff much earlier. More polished maybe, but it'll never hit the high notes..

Cheers,

Plug

Doors a bit knackered..(Want to sell yours MEP????? lol )

Are you on about the one's on the Selecta, or the white ones sitting in the Panda store :rolleyes: (sure I didn't let slip about them)

:tempt: hmmm, what do I do? Poor student in all in need of money, but know's his Selecta needs the doors replaced when it finally get's sorted and re-sprayed (god know's when that will be afforded :eek:), unfortunatly will have to pass PH :(

A bit of random info, but rev limiters on the 1108cc injection Selecta's is 6500RPM iirc.

In the manual 999cc injection Panda's do people ever get near to the limiter :confused:

Jon.

Last edited:
Back