Technical X244 Cruise Control Retro Fitting

Currently reading:
Technical X244 Cruise Control Retro Fitting

Alwaysared

Does anyone know if the cruise control stalk from a 2009 Ducato will fit my 2006 X244?

Regards,
Del

Possibly not mate. As the 2009 uses CANBUS whereas the 2006 does not, so may be quite different. If you have it, post a pic, including the wiring. You will be able to find the right one fairly cheaply if you need to, as it was fitted to quite a few different models.

As has already been suggested by @Ocwobio, the x250 stalk is probably electrically incompatible with your x244. However a cruise control sqib removed from this, or similar Alfa 147 assembly, could be fitted to the x244 as shown on attached photo. I find that the Alfa squib is easier to use than the standard fitment on two other non Fiat vehicles. If you are considering a DIY installation there are several relevant threads on this forum.

Attachments

• FittedCruise Control Squib.JPG
    FittedCruise Control Squib.JPG
    477.2 KB · Views: 60
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Sorry for not coming back sooner but things have been hectic! I didn't think it would but the Alfa 147 one sounds interesting, will it be easy enough to work out the wiring? I assume the plugs are different with different colour coded wires? I've the the aftermarket one as suggested by mikefitz406 but I wasn't too impressed.

Regards,
Del

Sorry for not coming back sooner but things have been hectic! I didn't think it would but the Alfa 147 one sounds interesting, will it be easy enough to work out the wiring? I assume the plugs are different with different colour coded wires? I've the the aftermarket one as suggested by mikefitz406 but I wasn't too impressed.

Regards,
Del
This is not a plug in option. You need to extend 4 of the 5 wires from the Alfa squib under the dash to connector D018B. This connector is a Delphi 6 way hybrid (2 centre poles are larger), it is black and yellow in colour, and located behind the LH dashboard fusebox. The fifth wire (supply) needs to be extended to either connector D160A under the instrument binnacle, or to the brake pedal switch, which will probably need to be replaced with a 2 pole black and white model. A 12V supply is obtained by either adding a loop at connector D160A which is fiddly, or less elegantly by adding a loop at the brake light switch. Replacing the switch is not an easy task.

I am attaching my modified copy of eLearn diagram E6060, which is unfortunately inverted. but from which you should be able to see what is involved, when used in conjunction with the above.

This modification originated in Italy, so to give credit where due, I am also attaching an explanatory extract from the Camperonline forum, but you should not need to work under the bonnet.

Attachments

• Brake Pedal Switch.jpg
    Brake Pedal Switch.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 57
  • eLearn E5060 Cruise Control.pdf
    197 KB · Views: 76
  • Cruise Control - Coppog.pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 102
Back