Technical Cruise control fitted .

Currently reading:
Technical Cruise control fitted .

Peewee1959

But the scan show that, on and off switch works..
But system saying cruise control not available?
Is it to do with wiring on brake light switch? Put loop link in 3 and4, but do you cut the wire ...and disconnect ..from van loom..?

Cruise light comes on.. With ing.. But does work.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the scan show that, on and off switch works..
But system saying cruise control not available?
Is it to do with wiring on brake light switch? Put loop link in 3 and4, but do you cut the wire ...and disconnect ..from van loom..?

Cruise light comes on.. With ing.. But does work.

You post is extremely brief.
I have to assume that you are refering to a DIY installation on an x244 2.8jtd.

Have you changed the brakelight switch?
If the original switch is all white in colour, then you need to change it.

The all white (original) switch may only have one pair of contacts, which are open when the pedal is released, and close when the pedal is pressed so as to operate the brakelight. Cruise control using the facilities included in the Bosch ECU requires an additional pair of contacts that are closed with the brake pedal released. The switches that contain this additional contact set are coloured black and white.

Connecting a loop between pins 3 & 4 of the brake switch is a commonly used fix to obtain a 12V supply from the brakelight supply at F28, instead of the designated supply from F27 which is much harder to access. See my modified copy of eLearn diagram E5060. Sorry if it comes out inverted, perhaps I should rescan it the right way up! If you prefer the original it can be viewed here complete with frills and errors.

Please report your progress on this thread as it may help others.

Attachments

• eLearn E5060 Cruise Control.pdf
    197 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back