Technical Wrong brake calipers causing squeak?

Currently reading:
Technical Wrong brake calipers causing squeak?

When trying to me measure with a tape sometimes it's easier to use 10cm as zero and just deduct 10cm from result. That way hand holding tape doesn't get in the way of starting point and alignment of eye.

Hey!
Very Long Day and a very busy day so almost no time to look at the car.

It is really hard to measure everything so all i got was a comparison of the discs on the Corsa and the Punto.
KFbQJHD.jpg

eHtVB4u.jpg

Tomorrow i should get part numbers from the garage so we can be sure

From your photos I am now 100% certain wrong pads fitted, the height of friction material (shown by height of rubbed band on discs) is around 45mm.

The height of friction area of your discs is consistent with the correct discs at about 55mm. In contrast to height of friction area of opel discs at about 51mm

Last edited:
This is an example of what I mean by measuring across the pad ears.

You can see back of pad through your alloy wheel.

Attachments

• 20200522_111936.jpg
    20200522_111936.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
Your pads should be 137mm long
If they are not 137mm then you definitely have wrong pad carriers , if wrong pad carriers likely the wrong calipers also wrong.

If your pads are 137mm that does not mean you have correct pad carriers and calipers.

Your pads should be 137mm long
If they are not 137mm then you definitely have wrong pad carriers , if wrong pad carriers likely the wrong calipers also wrong.

If your pads are 137mm that does not mean you have correct pad carriers and calipers.

From top of the pad clip thingy which was at 10cm to the bottom clip thingy which was around 24cm. In total that does get us to around the 137mm.

Please let me know if this is correct or not!

A1NYim3.jpg

From top of the pad clip thingy which was at 10cm to the bottom clip thingy which was around 24cm. In total that does get us to around the 137mm.

Please let me know if this is correct or not!

A1NYim3.jpg
Good effort on measurement and getting girl friend to help :)

In pic it looks like tape showing 9.5 at clip thingy
And bottom clip thingy looks like 24
So could it be 145mm ? Could easily be camera angle .
Does car have a Jack in boot and wrench for wheel bolts?

Last edited:
I have had chance to take closer look at your photo of measurement of pad width.
It does look like about 137mm.

That's good news as makes next step simple . Order brembo pads p 23 137

When they arrive ask your garage to try to fit them , saying if they can't fit them please can you have photo or drawing of why they don't fit.

Please measure diameter of disc , holding tape taught on outside of wheel, aligning your eye on either edge as best you can.

Last edited:
I have had chance to take closer look at your photo of measurement of pad width.
It does look like about 137mm.

That's good news as makes next step simple . Order brembo pads p 23 137

When they arrive ask your garage to try to fit them , saying if they can't fit them please can you have photo or drawing of why they don't fit.

Please measure diameter of disc , holding tape taught on outside of wheel, aligning your eye on either edge as best you can.

Will try and measure it tomorrow :)

The garage has not gotten back to me at all, heard nothing since wednesday.

UPDATE

Gonna bring the car to the garage friday to have the calipers removed and put on the ones that were on the car already. While there I will together with the technician look over the brakes on the car, and take as many pictures as possible while everything is off the car.

Hopefully then we will be able to determinate if the pad carriers need to be changed, which I do believe is the issue.

Will post another update once i'm back from the garage! :)

UPDATE

Gonna bring the car to the garage friday to have the calipers removed and put on the ones that were on the car already. While there I will together with the technician look over the brakes on the car, and take as many pictures as possible while everything is off the car.

Hopefully then we will be able to determinate if the pad carriers need to be changed, which I do believe is the issue.

Will post another update once i'm back from the garage! :)

Try and get correct pads before you go , then you may be able to get pics showing why correct pads don't fit. If they don't fit.
Also try and get part number off back of wrong pads that are fitted, number usually back of pad under the grease.

Very weirdly I found a pad that would give the wear on disc you are seeing. It's for opel cross land. More weirdly there are two disc and pad options for cross land if it had been second pad option it would have fitted your disc very well.

Try and get correct pads before you go , then you may be able to get pics showing why correct pads don't fit. If they don't fit.
Also try and get part number off back of wrong pads that are fitted, number usually back of pad under the grease.

Very weirdly I found a pad that would give the wear on disc you are seeing. It's for opel cross land. More weirdly there are two disc and pad options for cross land if it had been second pad option it would have fitted your disc very well.

Will try and see if I can get them before I go there. Will also try and get part numbers on discs, pads and the calipers.

I have been in contact with the garage, and it is almost like they are unsure what to change on the car, I said the things that were posted in here, but it is almost like they still don't have a clue. Not sure how I can explain it better, but I guess it does not help that there is also a language barrier...

Will update with as much info as possible friday, and with pictures!

Very strange with that info, are you able to provide a part number for those pads?

Last edited:
Will try and see if I can get them before I go there. Will also try and get part numbers on discs, pads and the calipers.

I have been in contact with the garage, and it is almost like they are unsure what to change on the car, I said the things that were posted in here, but it is almost like they still don't have a clue. Not sure how I can explain it better, but I guess it does not help that there is also a language barrier...

Will update with as much info as possible friday, and with pictures!

Very strange with that info, are you able to provide a part number for those pads?

I could give brembo part numbers but
don't want to cause confusion.

https://www.hella.com/techworld/uk/bi/Opel-Corsa-D-Front-brake-system-8881/

For the squeaking.

But I think it's also related to having wrong size pads.

Opel part number 93169307 would fit the pistons in your brake caliper. The point must point up.

I would want to fit correct brake pads first.

Opel part number 93169307 would fit the pistons in your brake caliper. The point must point up.

I would want to fit correct brake pads first.

Cool, will make sure to pass this information on to them :) really nice find!

UPDATE

Went to the garage this morning and they swapped my calipers back to my old set that was already on the car. While they were working on it, I snapped pictures of as many things as I could, and they will be posted in a link at the bottom (29 pictures)

As for the part numbers on pads and discs, they could not give that right now, and was told to email them, even though I have. Will try again.

The Corsa flap thingy that Jack mentioned "93169307" it was not present on the new or old calipers. I told them that it could be an option, and they were not sure, but if the part is like €10 then why not just give it a shot.

I also mentioned if they could let me know what parts would be needed to change the pad carrier, and they said it would properly not fix the issue, but that if I send them an email, they would give me the names of the parts in Dutch, so I can contact the other junkyard to get them to ship the parts.

I will make sure to post what the part numbers are, as soon as I have them from the garage.

Link for the album

Back