General Wow :P Almost Died !

Currently reading:
General Wow :P Almost Died !

Yeah just after I hit that Island I started to play in the wet (and snow at the time) and it does teach you a thing or two.

I think Locking the wheel the other way once a skid has started is just natural instinct, I think the key to righting a skid is speed. Its amazing how many people just lock the wheels by standing on the brakes, silly really. Its like towing, if your trailer starts to fish-tail you are taught to speed up as the forward force erases the sideways forces.

Especially with the punto being FWD as the front accelerates it pulls the back straight in line again. So logically the way to right a skid in a FWD car is to point it the way you want to exit the skid and drop a gear or two and floor it to pull it out straight.

none taken mate lol i agree but i just help it i wanted to be a rally driver but had no way of getting into it i still want to do it lol
there is only one way to learn and that is to play and practice

I spun my punto once. Back in november, coming down a hill, caught out by a patch of ice and a give way sign.

totally forgot I'd just bought a car without ABS (last car had it and by god did it work well! Note that every time I used it it wasnt my fault!) . Brakes went on, back end came out and I was in the middle of a cross section. Luckily it was about 7 in the morning (hence the ice) and on a sunday.

lol yea a bit daft but sounds like allot of fun i spun my car at college going round a buss loop at around 35mph on a wet day turned a bit too hard and accelerated so i was kinda powersliding then i spun round into the centre off the bus loop and then kinda got it bak under controll with a bit of quick thinking and didnt do any damage to my car at all.:D

but seriously go a bit carefull next time

Yeah just after I hit that Island I started to play in the wet (and snow at the time) and it does teach you a thing or two.

I think Locking the wheel the other way once a skid has started is just natural instinct, I think the key to righting a skid is speed. Its amazing how many people just lock the wheels by standing on the brakes, silly really. Its like towing, if your trailer starts to fish-tail you are taught to speed up as the forward force erases the sideways forces.

Especially with the punto being FWD as the front accelerates it pulls the back straight in line again. So logically the way to right a skid in a FWD car is to point it the way you want to exit the skid and drop a gear or two and floor it to pull it out straight.

my natural in stink is to boot the throttle were ever possible

but if your skidding your going to fast already so in some cases you don't want to as I found out in my uno I lost it on one corner witch was heading into another much tighter corner in this instance I had to chose between hitting a mud banked wall on the first corner or losing it again on the second corner and flying into someone's living room I did my best with opposite lock about 3 times back and forth but ended up hitting the wall head on at 60 and spinning round in the road 3 times ripped a wheel of destroyed the front end knocked the cam belt off and various things like that I was wearing my seat belt as always and I can say it saved my life not a scratch on me afters not even any bruising very lucky

Nah u mean VERY VERY lucky, a head on crash at that speed causes massive stress on your body, suprised u wasnt severy crippled. :p

well i entered the corner at 80ish so I reckon 60 ish after all the loss due to flying sideways trying to correct it but i wasn't really interested in the speedo at the time so cant really tell you for sure

incidentally I spun my punto today there was a large empty open road so went round to fast just to see what would happen I got some over steer so just before I hit the kerb on the inside I locked all the brakes in order to head towards the out side of the corner again came to a stop and set off again

there is a pattern forming here all my fiats seem to over steer

are well at least I know what to expect when driving my car now

incidentally are the 14 inch alloys for fiat punto 176 wider profile than the 13 steels as I am after some for mine to replace the pram wheels it has now

Last edited:
well i nearly died last night lol round a bend at 45ish in the wet i no the road thts why i was going slow but there was alredy a car in the ditch and mud on the road after 2 full 360s without touching the grass verge at all i think i did well to keep it on the road. 20secs later a car came roud a corner in opposite direction if hed bin bit quicker i would have hit him sideways ooopppppsss lol

Yup this is Stupid... and then who complains when the insurance premiums go sky hi?

Save it for a Track day I say.

Back